cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete external business partner number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM gurus

We have implemented a BADI to prevent vendors of certain acct. group from rpelicating to SRM from R/3. Now we want to change the number range of business partner in SRM, which is external no. range. I want to confirm can we delete the external no. range and create a new external no. in SRM under the navigation, will it cause any side effects. SPRO->cross apllication->SAP Business partner->Busniess partner ->number ranges and groupings.

Preste no. range is

400000 - 600000 (PO) external

700000 - 1000000 (XI) external

I want to delete the PO no. range and create a no. range for XI which will look like:

400000 - 1000000 (XI) external.

with regards

Manjunath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>To avoid the problem of data loosing, pl setup number ranges as follows:

Menu: SPRO --> Cross-Application Components &#8594; SAP Business Partner &#8594; Business Partner &#8594; Basic Settings &#8594; Number Ranges and Groupings &#8594; Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges</u>

<b>Maintain both internal numbers and external number ranges here. The external number range should correspond with the R/3 vendor number range. Then you will not have a problem of data loosing.</b>

You have another configuration point in SRM that enable you to define number range by backend for PO, RS and RQ.

Please read the configuration help taht give you an example in transaction SPRO.

<u>Some related links -></u>

<u>Other related links -></u>

Using transaction "BP" which has the number "##1" delete the required Business partner. Also try using reports DELETE_ALL_BBP_USERS and BUPA_TEST_DELETE to delete Business partners.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul