cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import Relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are having large data nearly about 10k so it is very tedious to create relationships in data manager. can anyone please tell us the proper way of importing relationships through data manger and also specify the changes we are suppose to make in the console manager, if any.

please provide us with a simple example so that we can apply it on a broader scale.

help required urgently

thanks in advance

swapnil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swapnil & prasad,

you try this in the console manager:

1. Unload the particular repository

2. click on the relation ships table

3. Add new relation ship.

4. In the relation ship detail pane: give the details

like: Name, relation ship type( parent/child or sibling), parent table and child table,

try this,

hope this may help you

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

for your given example, you want to import the record into hierarchy:

your source will be like this:

common group;computer related;hard ware;Soft ware.

then you can import this in a hierarchy and follow these steps.

1. select the category and right click, in the context menu set the split delimeter, in that choose split hierarchy.

2. select the category and right click, from the context menu select split into hierarchy.

3. In Map fields/values tab, in source fields you will see new split hierachy field, map this field to corresponding destination cateory field.

4. in values pane, you can see the source values in a hierarchy.

5. Map these values to the corresponding destination values, other wise you can add to the destination in a new category, ( select the source values node and click on add button and you can selcect Add branch as child Or Add branch as sibling)

6. Once value mapping is over, do the importing and you can see these results in Data manager Taxonomy mode.

hope this may help You,

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanxs Srini vas,

But the problem still remains unsolved i guess i was not able to convey you properly what i wanted to.....Actually the solution watever you gave us is with regards to creation of hierarachy (which we know how to do it) but the problem is with the relationship, as we know that the realtionships exist on the record level and since our data doesnt has a <b>relationships table or field</b> in it, how should we create one so that instead of using the drag and drop method in the Data Manager we can import it directly through the Import manager.

**Since in the Import Manager we know that each field contains some value which makes up a record so how can we simply build the parent child relationships in the Import Manager.

If you ever tried it on hand please explain it step wise

Please Help ASAP.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srini vas,

thanks for your reply,but i m not able to give u the points for ur post coz in my account it is not showing the reward point option.

prasad is also there in the same problem so please don't leave the thread we"ll continue the discussion.

Is there any specific need such as we have to create or we should have any Relationship table in the source side and if yes then how we can do this.

regards,

swapnil

Message was edited by:

swapnil rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can upload relationship records through Import Manager.

In Excel Sheet make two columns. jus refer example below:-

PARENTS CHILD

Record1 Record2

Record1 Record3

Record4 Record5

Record4 Record6

here u can see tht(excel sheet) in Parent record and

right in front of it is child record

Jus map these two columns of excel sheet by selecting excel sheet.

PARENTS<>PARENTS

CHILD<>CHILD

and upload records.

It will show the relationship data in Data Manager..

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Mark Points if found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Himanshu,

the parent child mapping which u suggest that should be done at source to main table level or source to Main item /Component item table level.

or is there any sequence to follow such as first we have to map source - main table and then source- main/ component item.

in the source table i have created one field name relation which is of parent to commodity group field and in the destination side same two fields are created. both the table types are text only so at the destination side these two newly created tables should be of what type? and it should be lookup in somewhere?

thanks for u r reply,

swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, swapnil

follow this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e2effe097d0a29e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

if you have the records relationships in a text file, you can import that file in datamanager.

follow the other link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/4d0f6b0420321ae10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Hope this may help you, let me know

Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini vas,

Thanks for your reply but the concern point for us is that in data manager we perform relationships on record lvel i.e, we indiviually pick up records and establish a relation between them, but in the import manager how do we mapp on the field level, can it be done on the hierarachy that we have created i.e, for example

COMM GROUP-->COMPUTER RELATED --->HARDWARE , SOFTWARE so canwe mapp hardware and softwarre items as parent child relation.

If we take above scenario into consideration we have to import the hierarchy wheras we create hierarchy either in the import or data manager so how do ddecide which records to be mapped because every record has its value in the fields.

I hope you can understand it. If possible can you explain it with a short exxample please cause we have went through the Import manager reference guide .......

Thanks in advance.........