Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query transport

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added a free char to a query in dev. Now I have colelcted all the necessary objects and transported to quality. My transport is successful. BUt iam not able to see teh free char added to my query.

Any inputs?

More over is it just the query and its element(new) can be sent as a transport instead of sending all again?

Thanks for the answers

Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>More over is it just the query and its element(new) can be sent as a transport instead of sending all again?</i>

yes.

I have added a free char to a query in dev. Now I have colelcted all the necessary objects and transported to quality. My transport is successful. BUt iam not able to see teh free char added to my query.

check whether request contains new infoobject?

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. It is not a new infoobject, already exixting one and was added to the query as free char.

any more hints?

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Just collect the querry and elements that it no need of taking all the objects into the request.

Thanks

Khaja

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is always better to transport the entire query rather than just the required objects.

Even i had faced such issues in the past but now i transport the entire query and i don't face such issues .

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. But what I have done does't make sense but atleast it should work ( sending all the elements again). I shall do it again by just including only the new query element to the transport. But any ideas as to why the free char is added to the query.

Regards

Srini

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Him

Now I have sent the query elements alone and tp is successful still not able to see teh free char in the query. I checked in teh table RSZELTDIR and the elemnt is in M version.

Regards

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did u use " Create transport requests for BEx " in " Transport Connection " for transporting BEx objjects?.

Regards,

SRIKANTH