cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Planning in Input Ready Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make manual planning in input ready query.

I have a Real Time InfoCube with a MultiProvider on top and then an aggregation level.

I create a query on aggregation level with restricted two key figures in columns and a time characteristic in rows. My key figures are set to manual entry and my characteristic set to read from master data. Also, KF are restricted to Real Time InfoCube.

The problem is that when I execute on Portal from QD, I cannot enter data in cells. The cells are grayed out.

In Analyzer, I can enter data, but they 'disappear' when I transfer values. It doesn't write data to InfoCube.

My InfoCube is set to planned and I have SAPALL/SAPNEW.

We're on SP 11.

Thanks in advance for help!

Br,

Sonni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Analyser, do you see a thick blue border around the cells you want to enter data into? If not, they are not really input ready. This seems like one of the regular problem with input ready queries. Probably you have not created the input ready cells at the lowest granularity of the aggregation level. Or check if the data is getting locked by some other user (there should be a message saying the same if this is the case).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I changed the aggregation level and made it as small as possible. One KF and one Time Char.

Now, there is a blue line around in analyser and I can enter data on web. However, after transfering data, I cannot see data in InfoCube afterwards.

/Sonni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you, please, help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was talking about planning query. I don't have access now to query designer and I don't remember the names but I will try to help you. In the properties pane there is a extend tab where you can select the values for the characteristics. Try to change these options characteristic relationships.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set characteristics to characteristic relationships and I cannot see any data in infocube.

Br,

Sonni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you saving the data in the cube? You need to use a command SAVE_AREA to do that. You can put this command behind a button. Another (quicker) way would be to right click on one of the cells of the input query and select the option "Save" or probably "Save data". This should save the data in the cube.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That solved it!

Thank you ;o)

Former Member
0 Kudos

good to know that...

even i can thank you... for the points

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem is in the query. You have to create a planning area and create a query with all the characteristics from the area. If you don't add all in the query is not possible to plan. Besides all the variables must be mandatory type. Try with this, when the data dissapear when select transfer values is a query problem definition.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alec,

We're not using BPS, but Integrated Planning.

/Sonni