cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory cycle count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please tell me what is the process of inventory cycle and where i can apply this cycle counting?

Please guide to

Warm Regards,

K.Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The process of inventory cycle count involves the actual verification of the inventory available in the warehouse vis-a-vis the values in the books for a certain period of time. This is required becuase we need to audit the inventory both for managerial as well as legal purpose. The cycle depends on the nature of item. For an item which is highly perishable, we may do the counting daily or weekly depending on the perishable period. Similarly, for another item it may be monthly or fortnightly.

We define this cycle count in the Item Group definition screen and assign it to items. So, what we do during this process, we take a recod all the inventory in SAP Business One for a particular item group or all items depending on the requirement, do a physical count in the warehouse, enter the counted value in SAP Buiness One in "Inventory TRansactions --> Inital Quantities, Stock Taking" screen and do the reconciliation act.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Bharath S

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is a link that can solve your problem :

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/sap/kehinde/archives/cycle-counting-inventory-audit-in-sap-business-one-9...

let me know if you need more detail or summary of the link.

Rgds,