Hi friends,

i am working on <b>real-time scenario ABAP Server Proxies which is

contributed by siva maranani.</b>

i can't understand this weblog. he said data is coming from legacy

system , through XI and using ABAP Server Proxy he upload the data to

SAP R/3 is it?

on SAPR/3 which table is used, he doesn't mention any where the

database table name and he specified the function module name called

ZEMPMASTER that inserts the data into corresponding tables ?.

once i created the communication channel that is all get over? where

is the legacy data? after i created the communication channel what are

the next steps to do finish this scenario?

help me to finish this scenario friends.

thanks,

cheers,

Kannan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

In the weblog he mentions the ZEMPMASTER as a function module where u need to write your required business logic (like in which table <b>u</b> want to insert ur data or whatever.)

<i>once i created the communication channel that is all get over? where is the legacy data?>>>></i>

You need to do everthing like sender agreement , receiver determination,interface determination and reciever agreement(like in any scenario). In the weblog, it shows only the creation of the receiver communication channel, as that was the only critical part of the scenario.

Hope ur scenario gets completed!!

Cheers

Sunita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>> i can't understand this weblog. he said data is >>coming from legacy

>>system , through XI and using ABAP Server Proxy he >>upload the data to

>>SAP R/3 is it?</i>

The diagram that i have depicted there says it in all.

External system --> XI --> SAP. Communication b/n XI-SAP happens by ABAP Proxies.

<i>>>on SAPR/3 which table is used, he doesn't mention any >>where the

>>database table name and he specified the function >>module name called

>>ZEMPMASTER that inserts the data into corresponding >>tables ?.</i>

'ZEMPMASTER' is a custom Function module contain the business logic. U can replace the 'ZEMPMASTER' FM with any other FM of your choice which will insert data into whihc u require.

<i>>>once i created the communication channel that is >>all get over? where

>>is the legacy data? after i created the communication >>channel what are

>>the next steps to do finish this scenario?</i>

It dosen't get all over there. U have to create necessary Configuration Objects to complete your scenario.

<b>The weblog talks about</b> how the data comming from XI is handled in ABAP proxy, <b>it dosen't dwelve into</b> the details of " what is the sender, what is the FM that u want to use, what are the tables u like to insert data into..?

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

thank you for your great answers. but i just start and new in XI world. i would like to get some more inputs from you to finish this scenario.

can you give me sample input values and what are cofiguration i need to do in ID(Integration Dirctory). it'll help me.

Thank you,

Regards,

Kannan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kannan,

>><i>can you give me sample input values</i>

The Sample values would depend upon which database table are you updating. Moreover you'll give the values in the class that implements the interface generated while proxy generation. Because this class calls the <i>Function module</i> and which in turn updates the table.

>><i>what are cofiguration i need to do in ID</i>

Here you need to do the following tasks:

<i><b>Sender Agreement</b></i> - Since the data is coming from a legacy system or elsewhere, you need to route that to the Intgration server. So here you identify the sender communication channel.

<i><b>Receiver Determination</b></i> - Here you need to identify the receiver service or business system whichever is the case.

<i><b>Interface Determination</b></i> - Here you identify the interface at the receiver side i.e. inbound interface and the interface mapping.

<i><b>Receiver Agreement</b></i> - Here you identify the communication channel at the receiver end and since you are sending the data through server proxy, you will use <b>XI adpater</b> as the receiver adapter with transport protocol as HTTP 1.0 and Message Protocol as XI 3.0

I hope it helps,

Thanks & REgards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I also refered the same material refered by Mr. Siva Marnani

>><i>he doesn't mention any where the

database table name</i>

You need to create your own Database table by going through the transaction <b>SE11</b> or you can also use any of the standard Database tables in R/3 system.

>><i>he specified the function module name called

ZEMPMASTER that inserts the data into corresponding tables ?.</i>

You also need to write the function module as it would be Table specific, you can create the function module by transaction <b>se37</b>. He (<i>Siva</i>) has given these information to make things simple and give a better view of the scenario.

>><i>after i created the communication channel what are

the next steps to do finish this scenario?</i>

Once you finish the steps of creating objects in XI, you need to follow these steps:

Create the Table - se11.

Write the Function module - se37

Go to transaction <b>SPROXY</b>, select your inbound message, right click and create the proxy.

The following Objects are generated for an ABAP Server Proxy

• Interface

• Message Type

• DataType

A class implementing the Interface is also generated. The methods inside the Class are used to process the data.

Implement the generated interface in the class.

Save and activate Method, Class, Interface in the same order.

Test your Scenario.

I hope if it helps you'll give me points

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi