cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELLO

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create JCO connection I am getting the following error message.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sap GROUP=Public R3NAME=E50 MSSERV=sapmsE50 PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsE50' unknown TIME Tue Oct 23 13:28:30 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 530 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsE50' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 2

any ideea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Galan,

I think there's a problem while you have configured JCO, Please follow the below process.

To create JCo connections you need to configure SLD (System Landscape Directory) first and then create JCo destinations.

First let's see as how to configure SLD.

Start Visual Administrator.

To start it

1) Go to Server Installed path i.e. usrsap/sld

ii. Choose Technical System. Click it.

iii. You will observe New Technical System button, click it.

iv. System Type: Select Web AS ABAP , if you want to connect to R/3 System and incase you are using Java application use Web AS Java

v. General: Log on to R/3 System through SAP Log on pad. Go to System à Status, check for SID, Installation Number and Database Host Name.

vi. Central Servers: Give Host Name and Port Number and Instance Number.

For Logon Group:

a. Click on Add New Logon Group, this will open a row in the table.

b. Log on to R/3 through Logon pad and get Logon Groups ids and the transaction code is "SMLG".

vii. Application Servers: Click on Add Application Server and then give Host Name and Instance Number of R/3 System.

*viii. *Clients: Give Client number (System id) and Logical Client Name (which we can get from SMLG code). And click finish.

7) Message Server Connection:

*i. *Name: Give the logon name of R/3 System

*ii. *Password & Confirm Password: Give appropriate password of R/3 System.

😎 Click Finish.

Regards

Anil

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

Former Member
0 Kudos

i've done all of those seteps

and when i test the jco's i receive the message posted earlyer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Galan,

The error is cleary showing that "Connect to message server host failed Connect".

Which means there's a problem connecting to R/3System

Please check R/3 system details once again.

For Logon Group:

a. Click on Add New Logon Group, this will open a row in the table.

b. Log on to R/3 through Logon pad and get Logon Groups ids and the transaction code is "SMLG".

vii. Application Servers: Click on Add Application Server and then give Host Name and Instance Number of R/3 System.

*viii. *Clients: Give Client number (System id) and Logical Client Name (which we can get from SMLG code). And click finish.

7) Message Server Connection:

*i. *Name: Give the logon name of R/3 System

*ii. *Password & Confirm Password: Give appropriate password of R/3 System.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

now the message changed:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=sap GROUP=Public R3NAME=E50 MSSERV=sapmsE50 PCS=1 ERROR <i><b>Group Public not found TIME </b></i> Tue Oct 23 16:01:52 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 4288 DETAIL LgIGroupX COUNTER 1

i have this group in the r3 sistem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove the Public group specified in the groups while creating your BC Message Server.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182416
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there !

Check if you have Configured the Web AS ABAP Technical System Correctly.

Regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think i have