cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHTML support on .Net iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

<body class="prtlBody" xmlns:sap="urn:http://schemas.sap.com/SAP.Web.UI.Controls">
	<STYLE>LI {behavior:url(irjportalappsSAP.PDK.Samples.ClientSideEventsCSscriptshilite.htc)} </STYLE>
	Mouse over the two list items below to see this effect.
	<UL>
		<LI>DHTML Authoring</LI>
		<LI>Dynamic HTML</LI></UL>
</body>

I created a simple iView using .net pdk.

The ascx is as shown above.

After building and deploying in the Portal , if I view this using "View in Portal" option in Visual Studio it works fine.

But when I created an iView in PortalContent from par file and previewed it it doesnot seem to work.

I checked the log files and the GET \irj\portalapps\SAP.PDK.Samples.ClientSideEventsCS\scripts\hilite.htc succeed with HTTP/1.1 200

I also checked the HTML source in both scenarios and the html seems to be almost the same except from some GUID/ ID values.

Did anyone successfully use DHTML and HTML controls using scripts in .htc files within an iView?

Is there any other configuration required?

Message was edited by: Arun Siva

Message was edited by: Arun Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I don't have a solution yet, but I have some new information.

I reproduced the same problem using the java pdk, which means that this is not a .net issue but a portal issue.

Second, when viewing an iView, and not a portal component, not only that you don't get the expected behavior but the browser does not download the htc file and that is (i am guessing) the root to this problem.

Since this is related to the portal I would recommend you to post a question in that forum. That way you might get a quicker answer.

Good luck!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you got an answer to this or not, but you have to change the mime type on the server to get these to work properly.

In the Visual Administrator, Server --> Services --> HTTP Provider --> Properties (Tab)

On this tab, there is a "Mime" variable. Select it and in the value area, add the following to it

{.htc,text/x-component}

Save it and restart the server.

Nathan Zentner