cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to server from outside the network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy guys!

I have just installed Netweaver 2004s on an 2003 server windows, it is running, and i can connect with clients from inside the company network. But I have no idea how I can connect from outside the company network, for example from home. Does it have something to do with the SAP Routing String? The network has a router connected to a dsl modem, the only gateway to the internet.

Anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whhow, thanks for the fast replies.

Our company is very small, actually we just started in the business, so we have no network admin. We have a small internal network(6 computer) connected to a router, that connects to DSL Modem.

So, as you can understand i have limited knowlege of the vpn technology. Is there a howto guide that shows how to implement the VPN connection?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two different options to connect to the support network using the Internet:

SAProuter with Secure Network Communications (SNC) over Internet.

Virtual Private Network (VPN) over Internet

For Details please refer to SAP Note 486688 - Schedule VPN connection to SAP network.

Please refer the links below for VPN Connection:

1) http://www.sap.com/community/pub/showdetail.epx?itemID=7459

2) http://www.sap-img.com/basis/bandwidth-requirement-of-isp-to-connect-to-sap-server-through-vpn.htm

Regards,

Prem

Message was edited by:

Premkishan Chourasia

Message was edited by:

Premkishan Chourasia

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

The best way to do it in my opinion is through a VPN connection... once you're connected using a VPN client you can connect remotely without having to do any changes to the GUi, etc...

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Edit: @Ruchit... you are fast!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

You can connect using VPN. Got to contact you company's network admins for this.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.