Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Desktop Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

why iam getting this error.

Error occurred while trying to access desktop: "portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/com.sap.portal.defaultDesktop". The object does not exist or you are not authorized to access it. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

This error is not coming when i remove the 'Default Frame Work Page' from portal desktop and assign the same 'Default Frame Work Page' to portal Desktop.

If i restart the server again its throwing the same error

What i have to do this procedure for every time when i restarted.

Can any one give solution for this problem

Ponits will be awarded.

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check ur Master Rule

System Administration  Portal Display.

From Detailed Navigation, choose Desktop & Display Rules.

In the Portal Content area, navigate to Portal Content  Portal Administrators  Super Administrators.

Right-click Master Rule Collection and choose Open Object.

By default, the Master Rule Collection object contains the following condition:

IF User = *

THEN Portal Desktop = pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/defaultDesktop

and also check the permissions for desktop

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should never remove default framework page and assigning it to some where. Normally you should copy the Default Framework and then use this copied one.now try reverting back the changes you made.Put this object to its old default place.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ameya,

Thanks for responding

Actually iam in product based project, I have to give every thing in epa file. I tried to create epa file with the copy of Default frame work page, But it is not taking.

what your saying is If i use the copy of Default frame work page the above problem wont raise right.

Let me check and i will let you know

Thanks and regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

epa file doesn't take default framework page in the transport. Even a copy will not work. I have faced this issue before. The best way is after importing epa, remove the frameworkpage from desktop and assign it from the current portal frameworkpage. U need to do this once only and need not do it repeatedly. In case, u have customizations, then make a copy of the page in the new portal and assign this page to the new desktop. Old portal frameworkpage will not work.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

yes what you sad is correct. But in main rule iam having this condition

if role = a desktop = Desk

if role = b desktop = Desk

if role = c desktop = Desk

if role = d desktop = Desk

if role = e desktop = Desk

if role = f desktop = Desk

if role = g desktop = Desk

if User = * desktop = DefaultFrameWorkPage

In this way iam maintaining. Problem is if i tried to access role = g is displaying this error

Error occurred while trying to access desktop: "portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/com.sap.portal.defaultDesktop". The object does not exist or you are not authorized to access it. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

One strange point is last but one condition is showing this problem. If i move any role to last but one place, that particular role is throwing that error.

Please help me harini.

Thanks and Regards

Suresh

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your post it was not clear that you are creating an EPA file, well if you are doing any customization then only you should make a copy of default framework page.Else use default framework.

Kindly revert if problem persists.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is fine ameya. Kindly see which i replied to harini.

That is the exact problem what iam facing

Thanks and Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To find if this particular role is creating problem, u remove it from the rule collection. Save and log out. Login and check all the roles if they are working fine. If yes, then proceed adding this role to rule collection and remove other roles (a to f) from rule and check the same.

My other doubt is if u have 2 diff roles with same user and try assignin diff desktops to this user, then also this problem might be caused. Check that as well.

Regards,

Harini S