cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc XML -> Flat File Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've gone through the 'How To… Convert Between IDoc XML Structures and Flat Files in XI 3.0' guide. What I am having trouble wrapping my head around is the creation of the interface mapping, in particular the 'Target Message' interface. Obviously the 'Source Message' interface would be the incoming IDoc but what is the 'Target Message' interface that is used?

Looking forward to seeing the light,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make a data type with same structure tht you want for the flat file and cretae a message type of it. This is the target message type.

Priyanka

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i also faced same situation, then i solved by myself. The solution for this problem is simple, if you want to convert total idoc(idoc-xml) to flat file then you created a dummy data type with single field, you use that data type as target data type and message type and message interface. No mapping required as we are using abap mapping, while doing interface mapping you specify source message interface as idoc and target message interface as message interface which you created with single field and mapping program as abap program.

i hope now you clarified.

thanks

madhusudhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I am in the same boat today ( approximately one year after u posted this question). Did you find out a solution? Can you tell me what would be the target Message Type?

Thanks,

Shubha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

your target message will be a XML structure which will be written to your output file.

The Structure will somewhat be of this type:

<root>

<Sub structure>

<Data/>

</Sub structure>

</root>

And you need to configure the Receiver File Adapter to see your output, also you can use File Content Conversion to change the output to<i> text.</i>

For that please go through this weblog by Mr. Arpit Seth:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

if you have done Message mapping between your source message type and target message type, then your target message interface will be thew 'Message Interface of that Target Message type(i.e. Mesg Type of Flat File)'.

if you have not created your message type for target i.e, your flat file then,Create a data type required asper your need create a message type for that and correspondingly a message interface and then use it.

Hope this will work out.

Cheers,

Prashanth