cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMDSD 2.1 SR01 additional functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts (Siva, Karthik, Larissa, etc...)

Questions for xMDSD2.1 SR01:

Is it possible to install xMDSD2,1 SR01 and xMAM3.0 for the same user? Or can the Signature capture component be deployed using Netweaver Admin within the same installation sequence for that user for xMDSD2.1? I 've worked in xMDSD2.0, xMDSD2.1 SR00 and SR01 and have not seen any of this functionalities, although they're coming for next xMDSD3.0 version and NW7.1. Is it possible to implement this with current landscape?

MI Client 7.0 SP12

DB2E 8.2.4

Creme 3.27b

MI Server 7.0 SP12

ECC 6.0

HW: Intermec 761 128RAM (num keypad)

I'm currently on a project which has two mayor gaps for xMDSD2.1 SR01 in MI7.0 SP12. signature capture for xMDSD 2.1 (gif file attached to DSD_DELIV SyncBO and uploaded to Backend ECC6.0) and Printout archiving (this means, convert invoice report to PDF and upload it as binary file to MI Server and then extracted from MI to Backend IXOS archiving solution).

Thanks

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Your input on the development of the component will be great. I wanted to test the xMAM3.0 to get a feel of the signature capture control but your input will be much more valuable.

For the printout archiving, PDF format was thought as a backup solution to SD Card (however massively decreasing performance) and then uploaded as binary file to MI Server (in several pieces) and then regrouped and sent to IXOS. Backup solution in SR01 was not entirely delivered by SAP Standard dev team (and it was not performance wise and it was done to txt files (BACKUPINVOI123123.text)). How can I upload the printouts backups to Backend system and then be converted to PDF (using Backend processing power!!) and then send them to IXOS (attached or referenced to the Invoice business object)?

Thanks for your input.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

as larissa said, in MAM it is working pretty much like that: the data for signature and order is send to the backend, there it is taken and stored into IXOS for example. I do not see the problem here in such - but as you say, you would like to have it as a backup solution, I think you would like to see this like:

not save the data only into SmartSync, but save it as well somewhere else and while the App crashes and SmartSync is not working, we have a least a backup. If this is the case, well, the text solution delivered may not be that performant, but it does not really happen that often to be absolutely condernd about it. On the other hand: at the end I do not see really another way to do that. Save the Order information in a textfile and the signature as well and in case of crash, read both informations from the stored location - pretty much like they do it (without the signature actually).

Because SmartSync can not send images or BLOPS or how you may call it, the solution for this is pretty much like you already mentioned it: MAM splits the picture in parts, sends them to the backend and there it is stitched together again.

If you need additional help on the custom development of the signature component, please contact me by mail, there I can explain you how you could implement it and so on.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

MAM Signature capture functionlity is not a generic add-on that can be simply reused by any other mobile application. It was developed specifically for MAM and includes parts developed for all three layers of MAM architecture, front-end, middleware and backend.

But as Oliver said it is not that complicated to create similar functionality for DSD as custom development.

As for your other problem, uploading a printout - MAM is doing somthing similar in signature capture functionality. Basically, what is done in MAM - technician creates a report from order listing order, operation details as well as time and material confirmation created for this order, displays (print) it to a customer and obtains customer signature to confirm the work. Then both signature and report are sent to the backend and stored there as attachment to order.

In MAM order report is html document sent to the backend in a binary pieces, but I think that any docuemnt can be sent in a simlar way (or backend can reprocess html sent from device and convert to other formats).

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

well, it is possible to install DSD and MAM on the same device, but if it is your only request to have a signature capturing component, it makes no sence to install xMAM3.0 just for that. It will bring you more problems, because of the amount of memory MAM consumes on your PDA.

If you need a signature capturing, I can give you some hints to develop your own. It is not that difficult and I think it is the best option - if you can not wait until DSD3 is available.

Printout: well, this is a bigger issue. I had a chat with the people from ADOBE about rendering dynamic PDF on PDA. They have told me, that this is not possible to have dynamic PDF due to the limited support from .NetCE. And up to now I have not seen any printer driver for PPC that generates PDF documents. Why do you not send the data to the backend, render the document there and store it in IXOS? Do you need it really on the PDA for printing, show customer,... ?

Regards,

Oliver