cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML encoding for type XML B/L transaction property

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change the XML encoding type from UTF-8 to UTF-16 for XML documents being sent to an external system via the web service action block. Is there any way to change this encoding in XMII?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - but I did not ask about the HTTP Post action. I asked about changing the UTF encoding for documents being sent to an external system via the <b><u>Web Service action</u></b> block. Can this be done in xMII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

I don't think it's possible in xMII.

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your best bet could be to 'transform' the Web Service response using XSL Transformation.

0 Kudos

Musarrat,

Of course it's possible....

Tim,

Instead of using the WebService action us the Post action and set the body of the post to be the WebService SOAP XML. Since the operation of a WebService and POST are the same thing behind the scenes this will work without a problem.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the Action <b>HTTP Post</b> should meet ur requirement since this action has one configuration called <b>Encoding</b> type for any XML document.

HTTP Post Action > Right Click > Configure > A dialog for HTTP Post Details Configuration > Encoding > Choose UTF-16