cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to copy data from one company to other.Is there any tool that copied data other than copy express ? I tried using copy express but it copies only configuration data.I want to copy entire company from one location to other.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Thanks for the helping me.I solved this problem by referring the presentation,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/46d88f91-0901-0010-2097-f31d2...

First I created configuration xml of source company.Then I using this xml file in copy express as source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Jimmy's reply is pretty valid - CopyExpress could help copying 1)basic configuration 2)master data 3)user settings from one database over to another. Regards rest of the data, such as transactional data, you could consider DTW.

HIH,

Chris

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The weakness is copy express has cleared to most of SAP B1 consultant. Another tool to copy data from one company to other is using DTW. Steps you have to prepared is similar like copy express but DTW is more than 2 steps. You must prepare the data and enter the data into DTW template. SO, the data from old database is exported to excel and then copied back to DTW excel template. Most of end users prefer to use DTW rather than copy express. Let me know if you need more detail.

Rgds,

JM