cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we block a material for particular storage location ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can allow material to storage locations by MMSC. Can we block a material for particular storage location ?

Please share ur view.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Try with MM06 Select the material and storage location which you want to block for movement.

Whenever you will try to make any movement of that material w.r.t to blocked storage location system will give a message that material-plant-storage location marked for deletion.

You can config that message as warning or error

vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have gone through your reply for blocking a mateial for a particular storage location by MM06. I have tried to do that, but as soon as we block it for one storage location of a plant, it is blocked for all the storage locations. can you tell me, why it happens like this.

Regards,

Siddharth Duggar

M:9724348610

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear atul,

goto MM06 give the material,plant and the storage location you want to block.

this may help you.

cheers.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want a material to be blocked, go to the Basic data 1 view of the material,there in the genral data you have " X-plant material status ". Also in Cost estimate 1 view of the material you have Plant Specific Material status. Use the options available to block the material in these two views.

Also u can goto MM06 where put material,plant,storage location.When u select enter just tick the check box of material,plant and storage location and save it.

Pls reward if found useful.

Regards,

Indranil

Message was edited by:

INDRANIL BHATTACHARYYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto MM06, there specify the material plant and sloc, then enter and check the box next to the storage location and save now the material is blocked for that storage location.

reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use plant sp. matl status field in matl master purchasing to stop procurement / use in stores

if it is not available u can create in spro

pl reply

guru