cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Extractor key field failing ? for generic ds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My Generic Delta DS seems not to be working and run out of ideas why?

I have a delta based on the last modification date field of r/3 table (EBAN) from where my filtering logic establish that the extractor only loads data when delete indicator is no set .

Hence after an initial load I modify data at the source (r3) and put some deletion flags on.

Extractor in RSA3 has corresponding line(s) less omiting deleted documents id. But when I run a new delta update in BIW no data is modified and register is not delete it from infocube. (my DS loads thru ADD delta process directly into Icube)

Is my key field for Delta wrong? ( i runned it 2 same day) or is my filtering logic wrong?

Appreciate your help (the most the welcome)

thxs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check if the field (basically it is named erdat which means creation date) is updated after a change of the document or only with the creation of it. Additionally you might set up a lower limit of at least 1 day for your generic delta. Specially if you run it twice a day.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi

The field erdat is been updated...

It may be because of my initial filtering conditions ?? (only read not flagged items..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well may be you are right. Just mark one record to be deleted and run your extractor again. If it depends on this selection, you have to get at least one delta record.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think they're two things:

- if you extract only not flagged items, you won't get a record which flag has been changed from <empty> to 'X'.

- what is your safety time period for your delta? Since it is based on a date; you should enter at least 1 in the lower; that way you'll be able to delta twice during the same day; you'll get as well duplicate records....

My suggestion is to NOT filter your extraction on the flag and rather manage this with an ODS in between...

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Message was edited by:

Olivier Cora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver

Yes! It is exactly what I realized. One of my problems is the initial filter as the next time this is marked it wont be selected again making delta useless..

I have changed DS to consider all and will create ODS to manage filtering.

But still should keep Delta from DS to ODS ? or will have to be Full ? and delta from ods to Icube?

AND can't select Lower safety period time period as ADDitive is chosen...(does this make difference if use AIE?)

thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but now you should select the other option: "New status for Changed Records" and put a safety lower limit of 1 in order to delta extract.

You might have to delete and recreate your source; better create one anew just to test if these settings works; In my case, I have AIE as well with the above settings and can enter a sfety limit; delta based on a calendar date...

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

will give it a try... but current setup has DS loading directly my Infocubes....

Under this situation when I load with full first and later move to delta I have following results:

code storplace doc # qty(key fig) date

1040 2800 a01001 1300 22/10/07 ---> loaded yesterday with full

1040 2800 a01001 1350 23/10/07 ---> loaded today with delta

when the second one should have overwritten the first.

The date field (= sy-datum) seems to be acting as key and as date are different is writing in different line ?

How can I avoid this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

because of the example below, you can't pump this datasource directly in an InfoCube: you'll have to stage it in an ODS first so that the ODS provides only the delta to the InfoCube; in this case the date shall be included in the data part of the ODS (not in the key). I believe that in your case the key of your ODS should be Doc# + Item#....

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Answers (0)