cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax jurisdiction overwrite in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

SRM 4.0, server 5.0, backend ECC 6.0, standalone ITS.

I have added a customer specific field in SRM where the user is forced to enter the tax jurisdiction in SRM when creating a shopping cart. But in R/3 the tax jurisdiction used is coming from the plant's address details.

What do I need to modify to have my tax jur code from SRM overwriting the tax jur code of the plant in R/3? What have you guys done? Surely this is not the first case of this logic.

Thanks.

DM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The foll threads might be useful to you:

1>

2>

3>

Regards,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for helpful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through the following SAP OSS Notes, which will definitely help -></b>

Note 881086 - Country-specific tax calculation

Note 741822 - TAX. Problems w/ Backend tax indicator and jurisdiction code

Note 607539 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1/_CHANGE: Tax code not NAVS condition type

Note 625892 - ME59 ME59N Problem during background processing

Note 436760 - TAX. Specify a tax jurisdiction key

You can use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for filter type BUS2203 to fill in your customer fields. You will certainly have to call a standard or custom FM in ECC to calculate the values. Also see OSS Note 672960 / 485891 for CUF fields.

I'm not sure what your implementation scenario is but if its Extended Classic then check out

OSS Note: 436760 TAX. Specify a tax jurisdiction key.

Also, In SRM the BADI BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI is used to pass the jurisdiction code to the backend system.

<b>Related links -></b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have actually activated the BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI in SRM - can this alone overwrite the value in R/3? Nothing extra is needed to be changed in R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What all source code have you wriiten in BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI Implementation (See using SE19 Transaction). Please paste the same in next reply.

If this BADI is not working, try the same logic and implement/ activate BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI, Which will definitely help. We have done this several times.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul.

data: ls_item type BBP_TAX_COMM.

data: ls_bbp_item type BBP_PDS_ITEM.

loop at IT_BBP_ITEM into ls_bbp_item.

read table IT_R3_ITEM into ls_item

with key GUID = ls_bbp_item-GUID.

• with key GUID = ls_bbp_item-SRC_GUID. did not work

if sy-subrc is initial.

ls_item-txjcd = ls_bbp_item-ZZTAXJURCODE.

append ls_item to et_r3_item.

endif.

endloop.

Actually after debugging I see that this is working fine from SRM - my value is copied and sent to R/3, so the problem must occur in R/3. I see in R/3 that the ship to address has the advised and correct jur code, but just not in the "invoice" view of the item details. I need to have some kind of code like

IF EKKO-BSART = 'ECPO' (my SRM doc type is ECPO)

APPEND ADDR1_DATA-TAXJURCODE TO MEPO1317-TXJCD

in my BAdI in R/3: YBBP_PO_INBOUND_BADI

Does this sound logical? Something in R/3 is still overwriting the field MEPO1317-TXJCD with an incorrect value, so I need the value from the Delivery Address view of the PO to overwrite the MEPO1317-TXJCD field...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go ahead... Try the logic in the BADI - BBP_PO_INBOUND_BADI. Do let me know.

<b>Please go through this -></b>

Note 435641 - ME21N/ME22N: Fast change of tax code not possible

Note 201578 - ME21N F4 help for tax code and tax jurisdiction

<u>Related Notes</u>

Note 1061739 - Fast change not possible for Storage Location LGORT

Note 402301 - ME21N Fast change for Tax Jurisdiction Code

Note 392033 - ME21N fast change storage location -> 00058

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul