cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTRACTORS

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.I want to create a generic extractor with few tables.

I am told that i should be creating a view for header and another for Item To optimize the extraction .

I shouldnt create a views straight away with whatever tables I have.

when you say optimize the extraction what would it mean technically.

How would I optimize the extraction process are there any other ways.

2.What criterias I have to check before creating Generic Datasources assuming that i already checked The business content Datasources which doesnt fit the requirements

3 could you pls throw some light on master data view transactiona dataview for creating generic extractor.

could any one explain with a scneario of creating a Generic datasource with master data view and Generic extractor with Transaction data view.

I would really appreciate your help

Thanks and regards,

D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1).Normally Generic Extractor is used for extracting Single table,No.of Tables(View) or for Function Module.

View:It is for extracting data for similar tables with join condition between in same application(Logistic) with deltas like TimeStamp,NumericPoint,Calendar Day.

Function Module:You want to extract data from different tables,i.e. no relationship between tables.Here you can extract various application tables using Fuction Group and Module creation.

2).If your datasources are not fit for busines requirement you can enhance them according business requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

My question is about optimization of data.

This is not regarding types of Generic EXTRACTOR.

I appreciate your help.

BW experts,

could you pls give your valuable thoughts,

Regards,

D

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tables in the database are optimized when you run the report. While you are running the report, you may not create feedback items, comments, or personal notes for resources. However, you can navigate as normal.