Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request as Local File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How can i export the transport request as local file and import it into another system??

Regards,

Kit

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this u need to obtain a deployable file known as control file from ur BASIS team ... then this can be directly uploaded to another system by the basis of that system...

Close the query by giving points if found useful...

0 Kudos

how can i generate that deployable file??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kit

There are 2 important files CO and DATA files.

Check

/usr/sap/trans/data

/usr/sap/trans/cofiles

If you transport number is E0VK100999 - E0V - system name then the data file would be R100999.E0V and co file would be K100999.E0V

or something similar.

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Thx for your information. Could you please show me the whole procedure for importing and exporting those file?? I know it needs a virtual system in the STMS, isn't it??

Regards,

Kit

0 Kudos

Hi Kit

Please access the /usr/sap/trans/bin directory and execute the command ->

tp addtobuffer

then i guess STMS can be used to import the request, please give it a try and let me know.

Please check the blog

<a href="/people/ted.teng/blog/2005/12/29/use-sql2005-to-connect-and-present-sap-on-sharepoint-business-scorecard-manager-150-part-iii:///people/ted.teng/blog/2005/12/29/use-sql2005-to-connect-and-present-sap-on-sharepoint-business-scorecard-manager-150-part-iii

Please check the comments the detailed procedure is given.

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos

Hello Kit

If you are working on a <i>standard R/3 system</i> then you can use transaction <b>CG3Y </b>for downloading.

Regards

Uwe