Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WM - Picking Strategy

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the WM module and I have a problem with the picking strategy :

- I do not define in the Storage type data, any stock removal strategy.

- I have activated the "Storage Type Search"

- I want the system to search for the materials following the sequence in the field "Sort field for picking" (REIHF) in the storage bin data.

<u>For this I have defined</u> :

- A sort sequence for Stock removal in order to generate the data in the REIHF field in the storage bin.

- A sort profile fo TO splitting with the field REIHF as criterion (i used several combinations) which I applied to a "Profile for Transfer Order Splitting".

- I updated the customizing point "Control for Performance Data Processing / Define TO Split" with the preceding data.

The "storage type search" is working fine but the system does not find any "source storage bin" to pick up the materials.

It asks me to put a "stock removal strategy" in the Storage type definition.

How could i do to make this search strategy work ?

Am I missing something ?

Is it mandatory to inform the stock removal strategy even if i don't need any of these ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Remi

I defined a sort sequence and a sort profile which generate all the data that I need to realize the picking in this right sequence.

I activated the "Storage type search" which is working fine.

The problem is that when I create the TO, the system does not find any source storage bin.

It does not search through the storage bins of the source storage type to pick up the materials.

When I go and check

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

In order to have picking from the closest, you have to implement a user exit available and specify that in the storage type definition.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question