cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate direct data access for VProvider

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to activate direct data access for BC VirtualProvider 0TR_CM_1. When I open "Activate Direct Access" dialog I don't see any assigned source systems in "Source Syst. for InfoSource 3.x" nor any in "Data Transfer Processes" tabs. Does it mean what non of source systems don't have direct access data sources? Or in other words - why I can't assign any source system for the BC VProvider?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've solved problem myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ; how did you solve your problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install the complete data flow for the Virtual Provider and you should be able to see the source system ID...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating datasource there is an option for direct access.This option shows if the DataSource supports direct access to data.

A RemoteProvider in BI can only get data from a DataSource that supports direct data access.

It is only useful to access data directly if the quantity of data to be extracted can be restricted to a suitable selection.

Hope this helps

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right, a source system must be direct access capable in order to support virtual providers.

Regards,

Habeeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where I can see source system info about direct access capability? Is it possible to change this setting? How?