cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IView is not getting displayed when process is initiated.

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a WebDynpro IView and assigned it to the user through process.

The problems I am facing now.

1. Say for example, I login as user1 who will initiate the process. It gives me list of all parameters while initiating the process and shows some fields as mandatory (I need to fill up those fields to be able to press Next button). <b>How do I change the cardinality of parameters?</b>

2. When I initiate the process as user1, I expect to see WebDynrpo form with fields, but instead I get a blank screen. <b>What is wrong?</b>

3. I get a pending request in user2's account for the process which I initiated as user1.(This is fine).

4. How do I present the GP processes to users in systematic manner (example, creating contents for user and having link to initiate/view process) instead of going into options like Guided Procedure->Run Time-> Initiate process etc.

Please guide me on this.

Ashutosh

PS: I am using WebDynpro form as a callable object.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some blogs where you may find all the answers:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d74ada-0c01-0010-07a8-8c118d408e59">Implementing a Web Dynpro Callable Object which Implements the GP Interface</a>

<a href="/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2007/02/21/how-to-pass-multiple-line-items-data-between-web-dynpro-java-callable-objects-in-gp To Pass Multiple Line Items Data Between Web Dynpro Java Callable Objects in GP</a>

<a href="/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2007/03/02/how-to-present-your-gp-processes-to-the-end-user To Present Your GP Processes To The End User</a>

Thanks,

Dipankar

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

I will try it and comeback to you.

One more question, can I send notification email using WebDynpro Forms?

I need to add CC to user3 when there is any action performed by user1 or user2.

Any idea how to go about it?

Thanks,

Ashutosh

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the notification CO to send notification emails. Have the emailid of the users at the output parameter of the first CO and group them with the input parameters of the notification CO. You also need to configure the SMTP server in Visual Admin to send emails from GP.

Thanks,

Dipankar

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Dipankar,

I am unable to locate component com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.wdco.sendemail.WDCOSendEmail.

Do I need to install/deploy anything else?

I am working on 2004S SP9 portal.

Ashutosh

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting the "Send Notification" callable object under Miscellaneous category while creating Co in GP design time? You can use that one to send mails. Also you need to maintain the mail template and specify that in the Co configuration.

Thanks,

Dipankar

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dipankar,

I really appreaciate your response. I am learning a lot from it.

I am going through each step mentioned in your links.

However I have two of my questions unanswered.

<i>1. Say for example, I login as user1 who will initiate the process. It gives me list of all parameters while initiating the process and shows some fields as mandatory (I need to fill up those fields to be able to press Next button).</i>

These parameters are the one for which I have created mapping.

<b>How do I change the cardinality of parameters (which is 1.1 for all mapped parameters)</b>

<i>2. When I initiate the process as user1, I expect to see WebDynrpo form with fields, but instead I get a blank screen.</i>

I have refered to your article for presenting GP to end user. I found it very userful indeed. But when I assign my process Id to that IView and preview it, I get message <i>"Process has been initiated"</i> instead of my 1st IView.

Also I am not able to get rid of those MANDATORY parameters there (even if I specify process.autostart=t)

Thanks

Ashutosh

Message was edited by:

Ashutosh Moharir

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If you have used Web Dynpro form callable object you cannot change the cardinality. To manually set the cardinality you need to create you own Web Dynpro callable object implementing GP interface. To make the parameters as non-mandatory in the Parameters tab uncheck the Exposed Out option for those parameters and in the instantiation tab select Automatically start process option.

2) The user role by which you are instantiating the process is not same as the one assigned as the processor of the first action I guess. Better set the processor of the first action as Initiator, so that whoever initiates the process will get the first action as his own task.

Thanks,

Dipankar

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

Ashutosh

Answers (0)