Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Jobs, reorganisation jobs

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good mornign everyone,

I am currently organising our Standard Jobs. I have read SAP Note 16083.

I have got a good idea about what needs to be implemented but would like to document all jobs, their variants (When applicable) and the different set of values that can be assigned. The idea is to document everything that can be done, decide what should be done in our business and then apply.

My question is: how can I list the set of values/parameters that are associated with a specific variant?

At the moment the only way I "know" how to view that information is by going in SE38, selecting the program, then the default variant and Display its values.

Then I was thinking of listing all the Filed Name attached to that variant and their potential values or values range so that I can decide what to assign to our own variant.

That seems to me like a very long way to collect that info. I am certain there must be a better and quicker way that I don't know. Maybe a table somewhere with all the variants and their fields and data type?

Can anyone suggest something?

Thank you

Regards

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corinne,

Please check the Table TBTCP. It contains Program name as well as the Variant for Background Jobs.

Cheers!

Bidwan

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

Thank you for the suggestion. This table gives me all the info related to a specific job/program and the associated variant for a specific time and date.

Do you know of a table that would return all the variants for a specific program and their associated values?

Thank you

Corinne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corinne,

I seriously doubt if there is any table which would return all the variants for a specific program and their associated values. All i know is that there is a report RS_DISPLAY_VARIANT which would give u the variant values for a program.

Cheers!

Bidwan

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

Thank you, I will look at this report.

Corinne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the table VARID. Give the report name and execute it will give you the details

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (0)