Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Buddies,

Pl. help me out.

The scenario is that in our company code there are four plants and one central Purchasing oragnization. The Release Procedure is defined on the characteristics of Value, Version & Purcahsing Organization combination. We have a seperate document type for each plant to create the Purcahse Orders. We have activated the Version management for External Purchase Orders (we assigned the document type to the Purcahsing organization).

But, as per the business process here they are doing sales (Internal sales) to the same company. So, they created a Vendor master record for the company and they create a Purchase order to the same company. Based upon this Purchase Order, they cerate a dummy sales order and sell the materials back to the same company inorder to pay some duty to the Government, which is mandatory. Now, the users wants that the release strategy shouldn't trigger when they make a PO only for this Vendor.

May i know whether there is any User exit which will prevent the Release Procedure to trigger when ever i make any PO with this vendor???

Or please let me know how to configure this requirement.....

Thanx in advance

Regards,

Varma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for providing me the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phani,

Just suggestion.

Why dont you consider to add Document type in the Release strategy,Since you have a scenario in your business requirement, so you can create a new PO document type and dont maintain the document type in the PO release stra.Characteristic,so the PO with that doc,type wont affected by the release strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cannot make any changes in the release procedure.

Can anyone clarify me that whether any USer exit is available so that the release strategy will not be triggered when u make a Purchase order with a specific vendor??

Regards

Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your solution of a new document type is good.

You can use that. Activate the user exit EXIT_SAPLEBND_002. In this you can check whether the vendor is XYS if PO document type is ABC... and give an error message.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Lakshman. I will check the same and confirm u.

One more request, May i know what user exits are available for MM module?? This will really help me out.

Thanx in advance

Regards,

Phani Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.lakshman,

please let me know how to check for USer Exit 'EXIT_SAPLEBND_002'. I am trying in COMD and couldn't find the above user exit.

Kindly reply,

regards,

Varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u want to do relaese procedure specific to vendor then u need to maintain a new characteristic for field LIFNR and then assign this characteristic to the class which you are using for the PO.

then u hav two options :-

1) u need to fix a number range for these types of vendor so that u can define this interval in the characteristic values and also u hav to put interval valuea indicator tick while defining characteristics.

2)if u dont want to maintain special number range then u hav to put all the values in the release strategy for the [particular characteristic so thta it can pick up the release strategy.

Aftr this u hav to just configure relaese staretgy which u might be knowing, if not then tell me , i will help u in that.

hope it helps u

reward if useful

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for ur quick reply.

But the solution which u gave will not fulfil my requirement as the company is a very big one and i can't do any changes to the existing release procedure.

So, i created a new document type & didn't maintain the verison mgmt. settings for this document type. Infact the release procedure is not triggering when i am making a PO with this document type. But, the users want to have a control on the usage of this document type (It should be used only for the vendor master record created for the company only).

Is there any User exit available so that system will save the Purchase order with the new document type only if u do the PO with that specific vendor???

Regards,

Phani Varma