cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to reimport aborted SP in SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was updating Nw2004s Java stack from SP11 to SP13. the basis SP was aborted during the last phase due to lack of space in /sapdb and i got a dump when i again tried opening SPAM after increasing the size.

so i restored the DB and file system and started SPAM. Now when i reload the basis SP from front end, I am not able to see them in New Support Packages -> display list.

Also they are listed in Aborted Support Package list with status "Cancel"(Red).

I am not able to define queue for them and also when I click Queue, it says they are in processing.

Can anyone help me on this.? hwo can i change the status or remove it from that list and reimport agaain.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not import SAP_BASIS 11 and SP 12 in one queue.

Try to reset the Queue (SPAM , Extras --> Reset Status --> Queue) and then delete it from the queue.

If the above is not possible then, you will have to try to re-import the queue which is already in process.

And make sure that you refer the SAP Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 2004s AS ABAP for further details.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

Why do you say that " Do not import SAP_BASIS 11 and SP 12 in one queue. " ??

Thanks

Prince Jose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Since the patching was aborted for the defined queue,you wont be able to define another queue.You can try deleting the existing queue and redifine it later.Try following the below steps,

1.Go to transaction SE37

2.Run the function module OCS_RESET_QUEUE to reset the existing queue

3. Try to define a new queue after this.

*reward points if its useful

Regards,

Srujana