cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRT's URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem in PRT assignment.I have considered moulds as PRT's and i have two set of moulds for my operations.I have assigned these moulds to labor work centers.Can i consider this as two production lines?Also like a machine i am using this mould and where i have to maintain capacity for this mould if treat this as a PRT?In general i am using one set and i have more requirement i am using two sets.I can differentiate that by lot size but my worry is cani consider this moulds as PRT's and where i have to give capacities?

Looking for experts answers.

thanks in advance

TV.KUMAR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dar Experts,

Thanks for your quick reply but my problem has not been solved.Let me elaborate my question properly.I have two sets of moulds say m1,m2,m3 and m4 ,m5 ,m6.If i have to make 4 components i use one set,here m1,m2,m3.IF i have to make 8 nos i use both sets,I created mould as prt(fixture) and assigned this in the routing to labour work center.But i think my entire procedure itself is wrong because i am unable to assign the second set and i am unable to check how much time this PRT is engaged for an operation.So my question is if i consider this mould as PRT what is the PRT type.Where i have to create and assign PRT capacities?How two sets are considered for 8 nos of requirement?Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

TV.KUMAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

you need to create material PRT for this. In material master create Moulds as material PRT (use material type FHMI).

refer to following link for more details

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4c/226cab46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4c/226cab46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm</a>

In the routing assign this PRT to the appropriate operations

regards,

prasad

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PRT are only can be assigned to specific operations. The capacity can be maintained only in the work centers.

If you want to treat this PRT as capacity, then create this PRT as capacity inside the work center and if you want to use both in a single work center then give "No individual capacities" - 2 in the capacity details.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan