cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use reference documents in a transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created two transactions --- Transaction1 has the details -- item,quantity

Transaction2 has the details -- item,unitcost

I created Transaction3 to calculate totalcost of each item = quantity * unitcost.

I included transaction1 and transaction2 via transaction call action block...

But I'm not able to view the transaction structure of transaction1 and transaction2 in transaction3.

How would be able to do it by using reference documents?

I referred this link /people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2006/11/15/reference-document-in-sap-xmii--the-mystery-resolved but did not get a clear picture.

Please help asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to a field of a transaction in BLS by

transaction.OutputXML{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row/"fieldname"}

Regards,

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

To view the XML structure of results in Trx1 & Trx2, u must define the XML structure in the output parameters in both Trx1 & Trx2. U can execute those Trx by hitting F6 and copy the XML structure in the Transaction Execution and paste this in the Output Parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

I have tried the method u suggested and its working fine.

I want to know the usage of Reference documents. Can this be possible using ref docs ... or is there any other example i can try out to gain understanding of using reference documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reference document is used for loading some file initially stored in the server.

But this is seldom used in most cases. Instead of this, u can load the file simply with the help of XML Loader Action since the Reference Document contains similar structure as XML structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

I do not want to load an xml file... I want to load an xsd for transaction1 and transaction2... how is this possible? how can i use the reference document loader and reference schema loader.... again i stress that i want to learn the usage of reference document loader and reference schema loader .... can u give an example to try this out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the result contents from Trx1, Trx2 are in form of XML Type. If u want to get this in form of XSD then u may try this with XSL Transformation Action in BLS.

And about Reference Document/Schema Loader, there is pretty example shown in the webblog u referred. U better try this with urself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks