cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error: "OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the following error on trying to install a cube from BI_CONTENT.

<b>Runtime error: "OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED"</b>

I am currently working on BI 7.0.Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Replicate the Corresponding Datasources and install the BC

Also Refer this Note 1019055 - Runtimer errors when activating InfoObjects

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have replicated the required datasources after activating the same in RSA5 in SS. But on trying to install objects, the job fails and gives following error.

OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED

Also i would like to mention a strange behaviour, the <b>Install</b> checkbox is greyed out eventhough the object is in inactive state. I went through the OSS note, but it is for Infoobjects and i got the given error on trying to install the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u getting this error for all the cubes or only particular cube ur getting this error ?

what option u have selected in grouping and in collection mode ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting this error on trying to install some cubes of xRPM ...and i have set collection mode to necessary objects only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The Reason for this Error/Dump is when you transfer characteristics and subsequently activate them, the system carries out an internal check to see whether the "With master data" indicator was activated. This check is performed using the active version of the characteristic. If the characteristic is a referencing characteristic whose basic characteristic is also activated (but only after the referencing characteristic) and is itself a new basic characteristic, the reference on the active characteristic is not filled. This results in a short dump.

Which BW Version are you on..?

Inyou are on BI 7.0.. refer to OSS Note 1059198 - Runtime error OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED

Import Support Package 15 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI (BI Patch 14 or SAPKW70015) into your BI system. The Support Package is available once Note 991094

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was working on BI 7.0 component release 700 and patch level 12.

With reference to note no. 1019055 specified in the forum earlier i had asked the Basis team to upgrade the patch level to 13. So we are currently on component release 700 and Patch level 13. As per u r suggestion i should go for upgradation to patch level 15.

Can u please elaborate on how to proceed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitrarth,

"Import Support Package 15 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI (BI Patch 14 or SAPKW70015) into your BI system. The Support Package is available once Note 991094"

is it only one way to fix this error? I faced the same sort dump with Amit and don't know how to solve it.

Thanks,

Chuong Hoang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Have you solve the problem yet? if yes, would you mind telling me how?

Thank you very much,

Chuong Hoang

Answers (0)