cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update option in the condition tab of a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In a sales order, if we change some parameter based on which condition records are maintained, then the system doesent automatically change the condition value. One needs to click on UPDATE in order to pick the new conditions.

Is there any option to ensure that the records are updated WITHOUT having to click on UPDATE button? If such an option is available, will it take effect retrospectively once implemented or will it take effect only since the time it is implemented?

Regards,

Ronnie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald

In sale order, the "Update" will be accessible <b>ONLY</b> if no subsequent document is generated like delivery and billing. For some reasons, Billing generated and If you want to make condition changes, the same can be done <b>ONLY</b> in billing and <b>NOT</b> in sale order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy / Veerendra,

I am aware that the update option is available only as long as subsequent documents havent been created.

My query is to know if there is any option to update the records WITHOUT having to click on UPDATE button. For eg: We have a condition for price that depends on the batch of a material. At the time of creation of the sales order, the batch was put as 001 and the system picked yup the relevant record. Then the user realises that the batch to be used is 002 not 001. So he changes the batch in the sales order. However, the system DOESENT change the price automatically. One has to click on the UPDATE button to effect the changes.

However, if the user forgets to click on UPDATE then the sales order is processed for batch 002 with the price of 001.

To avoid this, I wish to know if there is any way that we can get the system to pick the new records WITHOUT having to click on UPDATE button. Ideally, if the batch changes, the price should also change automatically.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

As per my knowledge there is no option like this for the update in change of the same SD document.. But if you delete the item and re enter the same item it will be automatically updated...

we can do the automatic updation only in copy control, so if you are copying from one SD document to another(say Qt to order or order to billing) we can update setup automatic update in copy control

Reward if helpfull

Muthupandiyan.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald

From your comments, it has been observed that your pricing condition is based on batch code instead of material code.

I think in <b>VTFL</b>, if you maintain "<b>B</b>" for the item category (normally this would be "<b>G</b>", then the proposal would work WITHOUT selecting "Update" in sale order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muthupandiyan / Lakshmipathy,

Thanx for your answers.

I shall try the copy control settings recommended by you, however, this would be useful only in case I am copying infor from the sales order to a subsequent document.

The current problem is that the sales order pricing itself needs to be updated automatically if batch changes.This is not achieved by copy control settings.

It looks like this feature is not available in standard SAP.

Do let me know in case you come up with some solution.

Regards,

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie,

As I know we don't have opition apart from clicking on UPDATE button for the sales orders created before (the condition recodrs are maintianted).

Update pricing is available only when sales order is created before billing. As explained by praveen, if Billing is done we don't have this option.

When reocrds are updated (since the time it is implemented) from then on any sales orders created will have this new pricing condition record value.

Thanks

Veerendra