cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excusion indicator against accesses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Normally we put an exclusion indicator against all accesses in an access sequence to ensure that the system stops searching for records once records are found against an access.

However, can someone tell me the consequences in case one doesent put an exclusion indicator against an access? Assuming there are 5 accesses defined and condition records are maintained for all accesses and exclusion indicator is not given for any of these five accesses, which condition record will the system pick?

Regards,

Ronnie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

system will throws an error, this concept will be used condition exclusion, i.e best price or discount concept

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen and Mohan,

Thank you for your replies.

However, my query is

1) which record will the system copy into the sales order in case exclusion indicator is not maintained? Only one or more than one?

2) Which record will be used to calculate pricing in case exclusion indicator is not maintained and more than one record is copied into the sales order as mentioned above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Single record is going to copied into the sales order even though there are more than one record.

If there is no exclusion indicator, the moment a record is fouund by acces sequence, stops further search for records and vl copy into the sales order.

For both the queries only one solution i.e above.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

If an Exclusion Indicator is placed in the Access Sequence, the system does not search for further condition records after having found a valid condition record.

Award points if it adds information.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Thank you for the info.

Does this mean that it doesent make much difference whether an exclusion indicator is maintained or not? Since, if we maintain exclusion indicator and a record is maintained for the 2nd and the 4th access, then the system is supposed to pick the record against the 2nd access.

Without an exclusion indicator, do you mean to say that the system will search for records even after finding a record against the 2nd access but it will copy the record against the 2nd access into the sales order??

In this case apart from taking more time to copy the records, it doesent really make a difference whether an exclusion indicator is maintained or not. Is this the case?

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ronald,

Putting an exclusion indicator is to restrict searching of condition records by access sequence.

Therefore before maintaining more no. of combinations for access sequence, best practice is to figure a best combination of fields for access sequence.

Basically, exclusion plays an imp. role in co0ndition Exclusion in pricing. There v have scenaios like.....best condition record between conditions or worst condition between conditions & etc..

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald.

If we do not give exclusion indicator against accesses, the system will select for the condition records in all the access sequences and picks the records from where it is available.

For example if the condition records are available in 3 accesses, system accepts all the records and pricing is carried it on the 3rd access sequence condition records.

Award points if it adds information.

Also you can correct me if I am wron.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

Thank you for the info.

Does this mean that if records are maintained for the first three accesses as INR 10, 15 and 18, the system will copy ALL THE THREE into the sales documents but use INR 18 for calculation

OR

does this mean that the system will copy ONLY INR 18 into the document? If so, does this mean that the system will pick the record maintained against the last access sequence?

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the kind of error that the system will throw? Does it mean that the system will NOT pick any condition in this situation?

Regards,

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

If no exclusion indicator is maintained for any of the access sequences, system searches for condition records if any for the first sequence. Available for first, system picks and copies into the document. IF there is no condition record found for first sequence, it searches for the second sequence.....in this way...system searches for all the sequences for condition records, if found copies into the sales order.

If system founds two records say for, 2nd and 4th access sequence, system picks the record for access sequence no. 2nd.

Hope this wld clear ur doubt,

Reward if helpful,

Praveen.