cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAME SPACE CHANGING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i want to change the existed namespace .. is it possible to change the existed name space..because after created all the scenarios we got a new requirement to change the new name space for all the scenarios..

can any body tell the steps for changing the namespaces..

thanks

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

In my project also we have faced same problem.after developing almost objects of a interface..clients asked 4 the namespace change. thats the problem...with XI and PI...i dont know wheather PI 7.1 will having the option to copy whole namespace.....We have found the only possibility is to create a new namespace .And manually copy all the objects...into the new namespace...

u can copy directly Message interfaces...(u need not copy data type and Message type) <b>and remember to check the option "With all dependency"</b>..

then automatically data type and Message type will be copied...

u can't copy Interface mapping and Message mapping :(..

u have to do it agian.......

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

u are talking about Integration Repository only. what about Integration Directry. in ID also we have to change the namespace under SenderAgreement, ReceiverAgreement, InterfaceDetermination and ReceiverDetermination.. i think we have to delete all the sender and receiver agreements , Interface Determination and Receiver Determination. again we have to develop these four....

Regards,

Pasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yah pasi,

u r correct!!!u have recreate all the objects of ID again...because ,..in reciever determination....interface determination...sender agrrement...receiver aggmnt..evrywhere...the new namespace should populate....so u have to delete the old...and create new!!!

regards

biplab

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->But don't forget to check With All dependencies

this is a must else you will keep spinning the wheel..:-)

Regards,

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good option is to copy all the objects in to the new namespace...you cannot change the existing namespace.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U cannot rename a namespace. Instead create a namespace with new name and copy the objects individually or through Release Transfer.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi babu,

I think you can change your namespace by clicking on edit option, but the problem is regarding the objects under the old namespace, i am not sure whether it will be affected for all the objects.

But one thing you can try is create your new namespace and copy all the existing objects form old to new namespace.

Regards

Ramesh P

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu ,

I hope that Currently no option for changing the name of Namespace once you have created all objects in that namespace.

We can do one thing . Create new namesapce with new name. Copy objects one by one . But <b>don't forget to check With All dependencies</b>

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Message was edited by:

ranga rajan