Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Schedule Lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day.

I would like to know how can the schedule lines column in the sales order be populated? I believe, it would not have a date in it when there are no confirmed stocks, right? Would it be possible to populate this even if you do not have stock at the moment but you are expecting stock soon? Please tell me how can I trigger this and how to populate this field.

Thank you and have a good day.

Regards,

Lem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lemily,

1. First Schedule line category is determined in the Sales order Automatically With the below formula

Item catergory + MRP Type = Schedule line category

In VOV6, schedule line categries are maintained.

In VOV7, Schedule line category determination as above formula.

2. When we enter a sales order item we have to enter a Requisted Delivery Date (In standard this should be proposed automatically) this should be automatically created as one shedule line that tells the req delivery date, Ordered qty, Rounded Qty and Conformed qty(Zero qty may be confirmed)

If the qty is confirmed on the req delivery date only one schedule line will be there...

if the qty was not confirmed another scedule line will be created for the next possible date and qty depends on the availability of the material.

3. this schedule lines will be viewed in a sales order Goto --> Item --> Schedule lines

Reward points if usefull to you

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthupandiyan,

Thanks so much for a very helpful answer. On your statement: "if the qty was not confirmed another scedule line will be created for the next possible date and qty depends on the availability of the material." --- is this sap standard and triggered atomatically or do I have to configure it? If so, where and how? Please advise.

Thanks alot and have a good day.

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, I want that the schedule date column in sales order output preview will be populated with a date. How am I going to do this? Please advise.

Thanks so much and have a good day.

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lem,

Its all depends upon the availability check maintained in your system. If you are availabilty check the system automatically proposes a later schedule line as per the availabilty. If there is no availabilty of the material order there will not be any confirmed qty here.. the order saved as Back order. And back order's will be processed with the specified intervel and availabilty check is done again and the material will confirmed when the material is avalable.

If you are maintaining the Replinishment lead time the system automatically proposes the schedule line with confirmed qty after the rep. lead time....

there is no need to maintain. the system automatically proposes. All you need to do is you need to maintain a MRP type in Material master.

If MRP type is ND - No availability check. It confirms the qty based on the Replinishment lead time only.. in this scenario next shedule line is after the rep lead time and that should be confirmed.

If MRP type is PD - Availability check will happen. the system checks the storage location check, all incoming materials (ex: Confirmed PO's from Vendor) and All out going Stocks( Ex: Confirmed Sales order to the Customer).

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lem,

Regarding Output..

Only confirmed qty's will be send to output as per the standard settings. if you need to change outputs you need to ask with ABABer's..

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthupandiyan,

Thanks so much in your effort for answering my queries. It is very helpful and I was also able to learn new things about the issue at hand.

Thank you so mush and have a good day.

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthupandiyan,

Thanks again on this.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Lem

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lemily,

You can look at the Req. Type for an item in the overview screen, Procurement tab page.

The requirement results with the combination of ,

item category + MRP type -

> Requirement type.

This requirement type is assigned to a requirement class in t.code OVZH.

T.Code for Req.class is OVZG.

and also same is the case with regards to schedule line category.

item category + MRP type -

> Schedule line category.

2.Schedule date column in sale order output overview..with help of ABAPER, you do it

reward if it is useful

bye

MCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MCM,

Thanks again for your answer on my query. It is very helpful.

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lemily,

Schedule line allowed is used to determine whether the sales item category is permitted for that schedule line.

The schedule line category determines whether the item is relevant for delivery.

Only items that have schedule lines will have delivery created for them.

VOV6 is the place where we can configure the required schedule line category.

VOV5 is the place where we can determine what type of schedule line should the system trigger in the sales order

Award points if it adds information.

please encourage people by awarding points as they are sharing their time and knowledge.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks so much for your reply on my question.

I will check in configurations (VOV6) as per your suggestion.

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can find schedule line catagory in SCHEDULE LINES tab page in sale order screen.in VOV6(maintain schedule line catagory) u can see the details of schedule line catagory.

in sale document processing,TOR&AVAILABILITY CHECK depend on schedule line catagory level(but REQ.CLASS level both should be active)

in delivery processing,TOR&AVAILABILITY CHECK depend on REQ.CLASS level only.

bye

MCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MCM,

Thanks again for your reply. Also, where can I see the REQ. CLASS?

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in MMR,MRP 1 VIEW maintain MRP TYPE ND (no planning).

Item catagory of sale doc.item(TAN)+MRP type(ND)--->Schedule line catagory(CN).hope this solve ur problem

bye.

MCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. May I just request if you can elaborate your answer, please? And where can I find the schedule line category mentioned in your reply? Could you help me further, please?

Thanks so much and good day.

Regards,

Lem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If U r creating a sales order with 5 no. of quantities with item category TAN. The moment U enter these details in sales order, schedule lines are proposed. TO see schedule lines for the item, in sales order, GO TO>Item>Schedule lines.

details about date of delivery, quantity and schedule line type are displayed. here u can change the delivery date and mantian 2 quanities for one date and 3 quantities for some other date.

This ensures that...there are more than one schedule lines for order.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you so much for your help. I was not aware that it is possible to enter different schedule lines for one item. I will also try this option. How can I configure so that the system will have an option to proposed an schedule line that have stock? Please advise and help.

Regards,

Lem