cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SLD under the business systems, I see "Transport Target" Whats the use of that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Transport target are defined to transport the Integration objects from one system to another.

Just refer this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Ramesh P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

<b>In SLD under the business systems, I see "Transport Target" Whats the use of that?</b>

whenever u gonna transport ur one SLD objects (BS,TS,SWCV etc...) to another SLD u do it using this "Transport Target" option...

Actually some organization is having more than one SLD...one for DEV one for QA ..kind of thing...so whenever u need to transport the objects of DEV SLD to QA SLd we use Transport Target option

check these threads for better idea!!

regards

biplab

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the Transoprt targets indicates the what will be the name of the BS (Dev) in Quality or production depending upon the target system you choose.....

supppose i have a following BS in SLD

SAPDCO (r/3 develoment BSname in the SLD)

TPBS_Legacy_Dev ( legacy system BS name)

i have buildthe scenarion IDOC to file in devlopment in id you will use the sebder BS as SAPDCO and receiver BS as TPBS_Legacy_Dev

now you want to test this interface in quality server, for this you have to make the transport fof this interface both IR and ID....but in ID your BS name are SAPDCO and receiver BS as TPBS_Legacy_Dev indevelopment envinorment...

when this interface is moved to Quality server, these BS will not be present so when you omve this interface (ID) to quality server and import the TPZ file of ID.....it will check the tranport targets in SLD which you have maintaiened and relapcess the BS accordingly

Tranports targets the BS are

SAPQCO

TPBS_Legacy_Qua

youa assign the source system as follows

TPBS_Legacy_Dev TPBS_Legacy_Qua

SAPDCO SAPQCO

if you dnt maintain the Transport targets then your import inthe quality will fail saying the BS are not foudn inthe SLD/.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nisar. Thats a great explanation. Now can you explain me on the following point

DEV Business Systems -

> QA Business Systems

-

TPBS_Legacy_Dev -

> TPBS_Legacy_Qua

SAPDCO -

> SAPQCO

Now if I maintain separate SLD's for Dev and QA, and above is my transport Scenario, should I need to maintain the QA business Systems in DEV SLD? If So Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now can you explain me on the following point

DEV Business Systems -

> QA Business Systems

-

TPBS_Legacy_Dev -

> TPBS_Legacy_Qua

SAPDCO -

> SAPQCO

Now if I maintain separate SLD's for Dev and QA, and above is my transport Scenario, should I need to maintain the QA business Systems in DEV SLD? If So Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Check out following blog by Youvraj.

./people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

He has explain this process very nicely.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone thru the blog, but not clear.

Simple question is if DEV_BS needs to be transferred to Q_BS, what should I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nisar - Thanks. Would you please explain me where should I maintain the Transport Targets? Would it be in DEV or in QA Box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your first question..

Yes. I think you need to maintain QA Business System in Dev as well eventhough your SLD is different. In this way you will create differnet transport group for DEV , QA and Prod system and you can defined source system for same.

If you want to keep instances separate by operating individual SLD instances for each landscape, you must then transport the SLD content from DEV to PROD via QA so that the development and test systems are also displayed in the production SLD.

Checkout this sap help doc..for in detail process

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm ( Check this part :Configuring Groups and Transport Targets.)

Also check out below sap note

Note 936318 - Splitting an SLD instance :

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=936318&nlang=E...

Hope this will help.

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QA Bs system in SLD of DEV,,,yes you have to maintain this in dev inorder to create the transp[orts tarngets in DEV....transports targets are letting your DEV BS to know wht's his name in QA SLD...so inorder to tell that you have to have the QA BS in SLD of DEV.. if not you cannot create the transports targets..

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can define a transport target for a business system. A transport target is a business system to which the source business system transports content. By means of transport targets, XI content is transported between different groups of business systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would some one explain me in detail please? Thanks

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can use this "Transport Target" option to ease the trsportation from one environment to another environment.

For example, say we have XWD (say BS_XWD) as development and XWQ (say BS_XWQ) as quality. So if you transport configuration objects from XWD to XWQ the business Systems under the configuration objects will automatically replaced with the corresponding business systems in the XWQ environment.

Hope this helps.

Prasad Babu.