cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Opening Balance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea to do (by import and manual create) the opening balance for fixed asset Mmaster data? Tried to search SAP notes or guide, only can find related topic on Import FA Master Data and not manual create of FA Master Data, and how to import the FA Master Data with belong to same Asset Type (same life-span) but due to purchase at different timing, now having different remaining life span).

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if import fixed asset master data can be used in your case, I think you could try to develop addon as an interface to import the obal for FA master data. I means you use DI API.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. But other that develop an add-on, does the standard FA module support the creation of FA Master Data for opening balance purpose , this is very normal in any business, FA Master Data opening balance for the same asset class but different remaining life span, couldn't this done or available in standard FA module? Anyone has the idea?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to my previous answer, here is what I could suggest about same asset type FA that has different purchasing time and make different life span:

For accounting purposes, the useful lifespan of important depreciable assets should be reviewed periodically. Depreciation rates for current and future periods should be adjusted if the revised expected useful lifespan differs materially from the previous estimation. If necessary, the effect of such a change should be disclosed in the accounting period in which the change takes place.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that if I want to put-in the opening balance FA master data for the same asset class but different remaining life span, I need to develop my own add-on, standard FA module does not support this? Sorry , please enlight me.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sorry for unclear answer. I did not mean that you have to develop addon.

after checking our client database, I see that one asset class will have same useful life and depreciation type which it means that different asset class can only the way to have different useful life (UL), and of course it will be different in depreciation type (DT).

For example : machine A : UL : 96, DT : SL12.5

land B ; UL 250 DT : SL25.

Hope you also could discuss with SAP support about this.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I got another question.

I tried in FA module, notice that the only way I can do is to create different Depreciation Type (using Special Depreciation), am I right? or there is other alternative way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

missed out, plus Asset Class, in order to have a ppol of assets with same Asset Class but different remaining useful life.

Answers (0)