cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood Cronacle RSI Module - RSI.RSI_RFC_READ_TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is not much documentation on the RSI module for Redwood Cronacle, I wondered if anyone had more experience than I in this regard.

Recently I ran across the RSI.RSI_RFC_READ_TABLE script that reads data and table structure from an SAP table. Can anyone explain to me how this works? Sometimes I receive the below error and sometimes the table data is retrieved.

RFC_READ_TABLE: R/3 call RFC_READ_TABLE failed

RFC Exception: DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED

RFC error: DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED

RFC Message: DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED

I once ran across an issue updating the variant from Cronacle in that Cronacle had a size restriction for variant values of 45 characters. Some of the fields have values of 50 and 60 characters. Could this be the same issue when retrieving as well?

Also, if anyone has documentation or knows where to procure documentation for the RSI module, would you please share? Not all scripts are documented in Redwood Help.

We're operating JCS RSI 6.0.2.6 Cronacle for SAP solutions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renee,

The restiction of 45 characters is because Redwood uses oracle whcih restricts object names to 50 characters. May be redwood is using 5 characters and rest of 45 are available for SAP.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think this is what my problem is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this could be your problem. It its standard SAP tables Redwood would adjust the names. But if its variant names or table/structure names you have given, it may nto be able to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renee,

The most likely explanation for what you are seeing is that the amount of data coming back is too much for the RFC connection to handle (memory-wise).

The parameter length restrictions are usually based on the definition of the underlying call that is actually done in SAP, in this case this is not a restriction of the underlying database (Oracle).

There could be trace information in the SAP system that you tried to read a table from. You can also open an OSS ticket to report your issue.

Kind regards,

Anton Goselink.