cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BC extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I am working with BC extractor 2LIS_02_SCL for extracting purchasing data and noticed that it is not delivering all the records to the ODS. Records are available in PSA but when I load them further into ODS, some of the POs are not transferred to ODS!!!

Missed POs are not special (like DEL indicator is not ON) ... Has anyone come across such scenario???

Will highly appreciate quick response .....

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You meant Added < Transferred.

Dat may be a cause of ODS keys due to which it is overwriting records with same key values.

Assuming Update type is Overrite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply.

But that does seem to be the reason...I have Purch doc #, IT#, and Sched line# as KEY in ODS. Records in a series are pulling up (say 1001...1005) then 1006..1007 are missing and again 1008...and beyond are available in ODS. I checked in PSA and all the records are availabnle there. I also noticed that the records are truncating in Update start routine but I do not ahve any code written in start routine of update rule...!!!

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more observation ... When I run simulate update from PSA for only the missing record, it shows up in ODS.

Subsequently I tried loading only one record (which was missing) into ODS, it loaded well but again I tried it with a bigger load (approx) 10000 recods, it was again missing !!!

...AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u jst paste here records which were missing & which went thru pik a selection - mostly it luks like given keys are not identifying all unique records.

Start Routine in Update Rule ???????

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can send you the screenshots ... can you give your Email_id?

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just make sure you create a new infopackage to load the data and see if there is any filter set in start routine (it seems like that might not be the reason because, when you load smaller range everything comes up right). Make sure you load a full repair to the ods and see if that actually brings all the documents).

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that option as well ... no luck so far. Anything to do with support pack or so ? We are on version 3.5...

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Look at the update sequence for that record. Check how many records came into PSA in that request for that particular PO. There will be before image and after image. We had a problem once that before image overwrite the after image. There was a problem with update sequence. Check that this is not the case.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean checking the 0recordmode values ('N', ' ', 'X') ?

AB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

finally, in our case, the error was produced by a sentence in the start routine of the InfoSource.

We had a this erroneous ABAP code:

Sort Datapack by vbeln.

If you have something like this, the system can not sort images correctly. One consequence can be that before image overwrite after image.

That´s all. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

I have the same problem, the <b>before image overwrite the after image.</b>

When i simulate upodate from PSA to ODS one record, it shows up in ODS, but when i try to update a greater package, it was again missing.

i think that the problem is in the update rule but i dont know how fix it.

Thanks and regards.