cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AssignXml : Cannot Assign From Empty Source Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm very new to XMII and the first thing I am trying to do is remove any unwanted ERROR messages or at least get an understanding of the outstanding ERROR messages in any logs in the system. I've searched on this error and I can't find anything to help me out. We are receiving this error in the 'general log':

"2007-10-23 08:14:35,563 ERROR ExpressionEvalUtilities AssignXml : Cannot Assign From Empty Source Node"

multiple times a day, about every 10 seconds for about 15 minutes. The error start times appear to correspond to the start times of some scheduled XMII transactions, although not exactly which makes it a bit hard to know where to start looking.

Is this an obvious issue that points to something I can easily check? If not, any pointers to where I can start looking?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

Ron Gardner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are having problem with the linking. Just check for the source in the link editor.

I cannot comment much as I don't know what you are trying to achieve.

Message was edited by:

Musarrat Husain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to re-produce the error now by trying to assign a NULL XML Source to an XML Target (which is exactly what the error says). Now I just have to find which one of the many 'AssignXML' assignments is actually using an empty source.

Thanks for the pointers to help me understand this error better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, that's already helped me in looking in the right direction. I'll post back once I have some more progress or hit another wall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be sure the Source Node is an XML DataType if u want to link with AssignXML