cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 2004s Query in 3.x webtemplate

0 Kudos

Hello,

I came accross some a point in SAP help portal saying that "SAP Recommends not to use 2004s Queries and Query views in 3.x webtemplates."

Did any one of you used 2004s queries in 3.x webtemplates.

I have tested many 3.x templates with 2004s queries, so far I have not find any issue.

Did any one of you find issues, and why SAP recommends not use 2004s quries in 3.x templates.

I will award full points for any help on this.

Thanks,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP Net Weaver 2004s, new tools and a new Web runtime are available in the Business Explorer. However, the existing tools and the Web runtime from SAP BW 3.x are also delivered to guarantee a step-by-step, demand-oriented transition.

When using the various tools and runtimes, there are a few restrictions to note. Firstly, you need to differentiate between the existing tools from SAP BW 3.x and the new tools for SAP Net Weaver 2004s; secondly, there are technical restrictions within the new tools. The new BEx Analyzer from SAP Net Weaver 2004s uses the data provider format from SAP BW 3.x. The new data provider functions, which can be overridden at runtime (this mainly affects exceptions and conditions), can therefore not be used with the BEx Analyzer from SAP Net Weaver 2004s.

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used it without any issues, I have seen documentation where it mentions technically there are no issues using it.

In general it will be better to have everything coming from the same runtime and I think that is the background for the recommendation also.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Deepu,

Can you please send me the technical document you have seen.

Are using 3.x templates with 2004s Queries and Query views in Production??

Thanks,

Ramana

0 Kudos

Deepu,

Are using 3.x templates with 2004s Queries and Query views in Production??

I will assign full points to you.

Thanks,

Ramana