cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiline key field on business object SWO1

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a Business Object using SWO1. One of the requirements is that the key field should be multiline.

Is there a possibility of creating a multi-line key field.

Regards

Jasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you go through the SAP Help, Blogs, etc. before posting such basic questions in this forum. It is not a place where you can get trained, there is already a wealth of information on web and there is no point duplicating this.

The forum is meant to be used by workflow developers to help one another in their work.

I think you should close the threads and read up on the workflow material.

Regards

Ravi

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you very much for your "valuable suggestions". I am not sure how you know that I havent searched in the blogs before posting. you must have brains.

I am a novice in work-flow. I dont know if I am asking a basic question. My requirement is to call a business object from work-flow with multi-line item container as one of the parameters. I tried all possible options and finally ended up posting in your fathers owned SDN. I am really "sorry". I will take your permission before I post this kind of silly questions. I would certainly request you to restrain yourself from giving such "valuable suggestions" in future.

Read on If you can help me, see all my posts on this subject in SDN. people are trying to help me in this regard.

here is precise requirement. in 46C SWDD, I could not add a "Loop Until" condition for checking if the AttachObjects contains any data. I was suggested in "SDN" to create a BO and pass this multiline AttachObjects to check if it contains data. I am trying to create a BO with key field but could not figure out how to create a multiline item as key field. (note that "Loop Until" condition if &_ATTACH_OBJECTS& EX is happily working in higher versions)

Anyhelp in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Kasi

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I were you I wouldn't create a new BO for a simple method.

If you know what the closes business object is from a functional perspective regarding the business spec. Then you create a subtype and delegate it with the supertype.

Now simply add a method which has a multiline parameter as importing and a flag kind of data as exporting parameter.

After creating the method, create a task (transaction PFTC) where you call the method of the bo (you should use the supertype BO here because it's delegated it will find the cusomt method)

Now in your worklow template create a new container to hold the flag of the method, create a step with the new task, maintain the binding and use the flag for controlling the loop.

For an example in your system (I believe these exist in 4.6C if not please tell us)

Check BO BUS1065 method create with task 00408002. and workflow template 400025 step 000053

In these examples you understand how to create an instance independant method with parameters, creating of tasks plus binding of workflow step <--> tasks.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Rob,

Thank you very much for your support. I could achieve it finally.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Kasi

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you're welcome Kasi,

It's nice to see for a change, someone actually giving enough information to understand what the problem is and who doesn't want to be spoonfed.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you really mean multi-line as in multiple values (e.g. Purchase order number 4500123456 items 00010, 00020, 00030) the answer is no - that is not possible.

There are at least two good reasons for this:

1) With multiple lines you don't have a fixed key length, which means you can easily exceed the maximum permitted key length.

2) It does not make sense.

If what you want is a representation of a certain number of objects you must find some common feature that is common to these objects, and only these objects. So e.g. you may want all purchase order items for a certain material. Key fields would be purchase order number and material number, and then you would have to find the item numbers yourself.

On the other hand, perhaps you meant multi-field, which is of course possible - as has already been mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

It is not possible to create a multi-line key field.

Anyway what do you mean by multline line?.

Is it multiline or mulitiple fields?.

karuna