Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Multiline key field on business object SWO1

I am trying to create a Business Object using SWO1. One of the requirements is that the key field should be multiline.

Is there a possibility of creating a multi-line key field.

Regards

Jasu

Former Member
replied

If I were you I wouldn't create a new BO for a simple method.

If you know what the closes business object is from a functional perspective regarding the business spec. Then you create a subtype and delegate it with the supertype.

Now simply add a method which has a multiline parameter as importing and a flag kind of data as exporting parameter.

After creating the method, create a task (transaction PFTC) where you call the method of the bo (you should use the supertype BO here because it's delegated it will find the cusomt method)

Now in your worklow template create a new container to hold the flag of the method, create a step with the new task, maintain the binding and use the flag for controlling the loop.

For an example in your system (I believe these exist in 4.6C if not please tell us)

Check BO BUS1065 method create with task 00408002. and workflow template 400025 step 000053

In these examples you understand how to create an instance independant method with parameters, creating of tasks plus binding of workflow step <--> tasks.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question