Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit center Time dependent and other Time Dependent Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends . I ticked one of the attribute of 0Vendor -

Attribute = Profit center Time dependent. Now I get

Date To and Date From Field. I read that we need to set this in BI via routine. Can u Suggest the below

Date From Field = GO live Date

Question 1 : If I set Date To FIELD to be Month end like for oct 10/31/2007 and make a routine that will increase the Date To FIELD to November 11/30/2007. Will it spoil the load since I read in SAP Expert that we cannot have same date to field. But i guess we can have it, Like If i load it today Date to will be 10/31/2007 and tomorrow load will also have 10/31/2007 . so it will have monthly snap shots of master data

Question 2 : what is advisable if I create Daily snap shots of master data like Date To FIELD will be Loading Date . Will that logic in routine to create daily loading date set to Date To FIELD will overburden the system and make the system die in few months or it is ok. we will have about 12 fields which will be time dependent.

Question 3: If you have any routine that set Date To field please email me at soniyakv@hotmail.com

Please help

soniya

null

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soniya,

Answer 1 - You can do what you are suggesting --- Having a monthly snapshot, but before you do this, please think over these points.

a. Do you really think that your profit center master data changes every month, and you have a reporting requirement to look at pc master data by months.

b. By adding this logic, your master data will grow faster. Do some estimate to figure out the growth and its impact.

Answer 2 - Refer to 1 (a). If you have 12 fields which are time dependent, then you will see a possibly explosive growth in master data. It depends upon the business and the way pc is setup in the source systems. There is no such thing as "System will die", you may see slower performance etc, because more data in master data impacts your loads as well as query execution. If this is an essential business requirement, you will have to see the impact of this before you go with such a solution.

-Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket. Thanks for response. However I was looking for answer to the below

1. Business require to create a Time Stamp. But now If I decide this is done Quaterly or monthly. Then question here is that do I need to Create the Logic for Date To like take Date To as system Date derivation and populate the quater end date.

2. If yes and its the only way to do this. Then let me know if you have any code for this routine and steps.

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soniya,

If you really need to do it, Quarterly is a better option than monthly so that you can reduce the number of records in master data.

For the time stamp, you will have to write some code.

Since you are going to use 0PROFIT_CTR object, the business content on this is still based on the old data flow. You have multiple places to write this code. The best place is to create a transformation between your Infosource and the InfoObject. Once you have the update rule, you can write a start routine.

you have to populate the date from and date to field.

date to = first day fo the current qtr.

date from = last date of the current qtr.

to get the first date and last date you can use the following logic.

1. pass current date and fiscal variant to fm DATE_TO_PERIOD_CONVERT.

2. get the first period and last period from the output of 1. (for example, the current date is converted to period 003, and year 2007, then for this value the first period will be 001, and last period will be 003 and so on)

3. use fm FIRST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET to get the first date of the period.

4. user fm LAST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET to get the last date of the period.

If you don't know much abap, take help of abap developer.

-Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I will implement this and look for SDN Help on ABAP if required. Also please confirm quickly Can I do it OTHER WAY if not what is that u recommend to do this way

date to = last date of the current qtr.

date from = first day fo the current qtr.

Thanks

Soniya