cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create expose a webservice from a RFC (in IR) in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) How to create expose a webservice from a RFC (of imported objects of IR) in XI?

2) is there any other way to expose webservice for a RFC in XI.

3) How to get WSDL for those webservices

plz help me out

dhanush

Message was edited by:

dhanush xi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanush !

1) Import RFC definition in XI. Then Create your webservice request and response data, message type , message interface, mapping and interface mapping objects. You could save the imported RFC definition as a XSD/XML file and re-import it as external definition to use it as the webservice request and response definitions instead of creating them from scratch. The in Integration Directory, create the SOAP sender and RFC receiver channels and also all the other objects (receiver det, integration det, sender and receiver agreements)

2) depending of your netweaver version, standard RFCs are exposed as webservice by default, but not via XI.

3) once created the scenario in ID, use the option "Define Web Service" from the tools menu. It will help you to create and save as a local file, the WSDL file required by your client application to consume the webservice.

We are using this scenarios and work fine.

Regards,

Matias.

PS: please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Do you know how to test this exposed webservice with InfoPath. please let me know.

thanks

dhanush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanush !

I never tried InfoPath. I use an open source SOAP client called soapUI. I think all SOAP clients work the same. In soapUI you create a new project, it asks for the WSDL file. You select the WSDL file created from Integration Directory. It will create the request "mock" message with all fields with default values. Just complete the values, then go to the request object properties and put the user and password to connect to SAP XI (maybe you can test with your developer user). The last step is to run invoke the webservice. It will send the request and show the response. Then you must have an XI user that has the same roles and permissions as the XIAPPLUSER or PIAPPLUSER user.

Regards,

Matias.

PS: please award points if helpful.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, you cannot expose a RFC from XI as a webserivce. When you try to define a webservice, RFC's and Idoc's are never listed in the integration directory.

One option - Create a Message Interace and the Messahe Types of these Message interfaces will be the RFC request and response strucutres

I think the namespace might cause an Issue here and you might even need to eliminate the RFC's Namespace by exporting it as a XSD , removing namespace and importing this as a XSD and using this as your message type for the message interface.

Regards

Bhavesh