Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing mdm on local machine

murat_kaya
Participant
0 Kudos

hello mdm experts,

i tried to install mdm server on my local machine, it was going fine until i tried to create a repository..to start from the beginning, i installed sqlserver2000, then i started the server without any failure. after that i mounted mdm server, started it..then i wanted to create a repository, it asked me about the dbms, i declared localhost but there was an error with the message 'error connecting to mdm server' or something like that..

what can i do to handle this problem, or can anybody tell me step by step installation of mdm server on local machine??

your help on this topic is appreciated...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

murat_kaya
Participant
0 Kudos

Dennis Klemann and Chan Hari, thanks for your help..i tried the conjunction of your advices, and now it works.. i used the hostname of my local machine instead of localhost and username sa, i created a password of my own for that username (sa).. now i can connect to my server and create repositories.. it only asked me for the path for the files and logs location, there was a comment 'leave blank for default settings', i didn't know the suitable path so i left it blank.. now everything works fine but i don't know the directory of the files to be stored..

thanks again and have a nice day..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murat

The problem of ur's is SQL Server Installation

Defult user name and Password is sa & sa

First check this one .if u don't get solution

Try this link yaar.http://www.mssqlcity.com/Articles/Adm/SQL2000Inst.htm#part_4

ok . u don't get solution from this also let me know .

i will send screen shots of MDM Installation on local system.ok

Regards

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

The procedure for a local install is just as for an installation on a server:

Just look at the Installation Guide at http://service.sap.com/installmdm

Please also try the hostname of your local machine instead of localhost. It shouldn't be a problem, but who knows...

Did you also enter the dbms password into that entry form?

Best regards,

Dennis