cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula Var by Replacement not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, After upgrade to 7.0 a formula variable with replacement path is not working. This is being used in a calculated key figure, Past due Days = ( First Day of Next week - 'Original Promise Date') * Order as constant. Neither the Original Promise Date nor Order as Constant are working in 7.0 system, same query works fine in 3.5 system.

Anyone from SAP please help. This problem has been noticed in production, kindly provide urgent help.

PK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be best to open an SAP message. But till then try the following. It may work-

include two formulae in your query

Formula1 = First Day of Next week

Formula2 = Original Promise Date

Calculate Past due Days = Formula1 -Formula2

You can hide both Formula1 and Formula 2 in query view. (or you can leave them open temporarily to see if they are actually getting populated). Also ensure that the dates on which the replacement path is being done are present in the query view.

I dont know why but this worked for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AS, Well the formula is not straight subtraction of two dates, I have sales order as an attribute constant 1 so that the calculation can occur at any aggregation level. The formula works when I drill down by date. which should not be the case as the 'Sales Order as Constant 1' calculates this formula at order level. It works fine in 3.5.

Where are the SAP guys, kindly help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also in 7.0 system I am getting warning messages for 2 characteristics:

Different hierarchies are used for characteristic ZORGPRMWK

Different hierarchies are used for characteristic ZBCKCWEEK

Bot the char have with hierarchy selected, but there is no external/internal hierarchy.

0 Kudos

SAP Note 1005772 might helpful for calclated hey figure issue

To avoid the warnings regarding the different hierarchy, just adjust the query byreassigning/filitering the query with the hierarchy wanted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana, Thanks for your response. This note advices to apply support pack 12, we are already on 13. So not sure why we still have this issue. Thanks. I will assign you relevant points for your response.

Regards

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mis-read this note, basically you use the program RSR_VAR_REPPATH_AGGREGATION in this note to change your variables. I got it working. Thanks Ramana. I have assigned you full points.

Answers (0)