cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding "Subtype" as compunding infoobject to 0EMPLOYEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We in process of creating new extractors for more HR master data. Since all the master data is employee related I am thinking of making it attributes of EMPLOYEE infoobject. But in the process I have to add subtype as compounding object to Employee as; Field subtype is key field in pretty much all the tables from which I am creating and to get the right data I have to have subtype as field in mappings. When I am adding the compounding infoobject the system gives me errors/warnings

"Characteristic 0EMPLOYEE is used in Communication Structure 0HR_PT_2, but characteristic ZSUBTYPE is not" and then I have to add subtype to the comm structure first of HR_PT_2 ....the system gives almost 10-12 errors like this.

So is it a good idea to add subtype as compounding to Employee or is there any other way to do this?

Thanks to all in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you have an employee with more than one subtype? If not then add it to the characteristic as an attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Troy,

A subtype is used to define different attributes of employee ...like for example subtype 0 is perm address; subtype 1 is temp address, subtype 2 is international address and so on and so forth...so while doing mapping I need subtype as key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't recommend compounding 0employee. I would create a new infoobject and compound that if necessary. If you need the attributes for 0employee then feed them to the new infoobject, somehow dealing with the compounding.

Alternatively assuming an employee can only have one subtype 1 and one subtype 2, etc. why don't you add perm address, temp address, international address, etc to 0employee as attributes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Troy,

Thanks I will try the second option, creating different infoobjects to perm address and temp address and try adding that as attr.

Thanks for suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy,

I think that is the best choice. You can create a user append on the 0EMPLOYEE_ATTR datasource in your source system via RSA6 and append all the subtype details there. Then in the master data user exit (EXIT_SAPLRSAP_002) or BAdI (RSU5_SAPI_BADI) populate your new fields.

Troy