cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send doc files from one system to another using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to pick the word doc files from one file system and send these word document files to ECC system place in ECC application server.Can we achieve this requirement using XI. If so how we can do this. also let me know can we convert these doc files into proxy and send to ECC?. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah,its possible to send any type of files via XI.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes You Can

XI Converts Unstructured data(That is non -XML)Type- in your case word doc and maps it to Target structure.

You can either use content conversion

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

You can either built a adaptermodule for the same(U nedd to have Some Java knowledge)

You can also convert without creating any objects in integration directory link for the same is

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

***********Please Reward Points If find Helpful*********