SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fee calculation after been posted, if recalculate generates 2 new docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all, my last implementation of student accounting was with the 4.72 SAP version, now I´m working with version 6.

In the previous implementation (4.72) when we did a fee calculation for a student the system created a fee document. If you tried to recalculate the fee for the same student, with out changing any master data or SC, the system did not create any new documents and we got a message which said: "Doc. was already posted for student 0000101227; no changes allowed for student 0000101227"

Now with this version if I have a student that I have already make him a fee calculation the system creates 2 new documents even though there has not been any changes. One of the documents is a "reverse" of the very first document which was created in the first fee calculation.

The question is how can I avoid this? I think the correct way is to prevent postings if a document has been already posted...

Thank you

Sergio Artiñano

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195888
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

- are the documents really identical? Not just refering to the amount, but also with regard to CO account assignment, due date etc.?

- do you have an own implementation of the BAdI: Delta Posting in Fee Calculation?

Actually there should not be a change in this with the different versions - however sometimes there are side-effects from some configuration changes along with the upgrade. You may also check whether you are on the most recent Support Package level.

If all of the above don't work and you still get reposting the same document again and again, I suggest that you set up an OSS message.

Regards

Joachim

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim

We have not yet implemented the BAdI, we are using the standard to do the fee calculation. I guess we are gonna have to post a OSS message, cause as soon as I calculate the fee for a student and I run again the fee calculation for the same student without any changes at all, the system creates 2 new documents. I had this effect in the past but only as if you stated I changed something, like a condition or something but now is without any changes that this happens.

About the BAdI, the problem is that in our college they have more than 70 SC per campus (and the school has more than 12 campuses). The Campus Management team decided that they were going to use only 70 central SC instead of (12 x 70). By doing that we have to use a new derivation system cause the SC is attached a central school. But the reports have to be per campus. So we have plan to derivate the company code and the business area using some registration data (instead of getting it from the SC links). The same will be happening to the cost centers and profit centers.

Thank you Joachim

Sergio Artinano

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim

We have not yet implemented the BAdI, we are using the standard to do the fee calculation. I guess we are gonna have to post a OSS message, cause as soon as I calculate the fee for a student and I run again the fee calculation for the same student without any changes at all, the system creates 2 new documents. I had this effect in the past but only as if you stated I changed something, like a condition or something but now is without any changes that this happens.

About the BAdI, the problem is that in our college they have more than 70 SC per campus (and the school has more than 12 campuses). The Campus Management team decided that they were going to use only 70 central SC instead of (12 x 70). By doing that we have to use a new derivation system cause the SC is attached a central school. But the reports have to be per campus. So we have plan to derivate the company code and the business area using some registration data (instead of getting it from the SC links). The same will be happening to the cost centers and profit centers.

Thank you Joachim

Sergio Artinano

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

The CO derivation rules would allow you to define derivations of the account assignments by student information - also registration data. The mechanism is very flexible and the way I understand your requirement is certainly supported - however you probably have to implement your own function module for deriving the account information. The delta-posting BADI is not actually the solution for account derivations.

Regards

Joachim