cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create File save dialogue on Link to action insetad link to URL or download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On click of link to action, I am creating an excel file and was displaying in next modal window with a link to the file. I want to get rid of that in between dialogue box which has actual link to the dynamically generated xl file. I want standard File open, save and cancel dialogue to come after click on link to action.

I will create file first and then want to pass just file as attachment without any further clicks from user, just std file save IE dialogue should come as it happens in most of the Internet sites.

Is there way using which we can just send file as a response object as we use to do it in BSP?

I dont want to use intermidiate link to url or download UI of webdynpro!

Thank,

Nitesh Shelar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing....

Used a Work around of interim popup

Hullen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

can you confirm that this is what you're currently doing:

Button (or similar) -> onAction -> createExcel -> new Window with Link to download -> click to download -> download-dialogue

that's what I understood from your post there, and now you want to avoid the new window and just have the download dialogue open after creating the Excel-file? If you use NW2004s, I believe you could create an IWDResource object with WDResourceFactory to store the file in and then invoke the download() method of it.

Hope this helps,

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

I am on 2004 SP16. I am currently doing performing following steps,

Link to Action-> onAction ->

1 . Create Excel binary file

2. Creating a Web resource

3. Calling resource path in external window

All these things are performed on click of link to action.

In Last step I am calling file external window due to which I am getting file open save dialogue in new window, however after saving file that window remains open.

I don't want any open window once file is stored.

Is there any other way by which I can achieve this.

Thanks,

Nitesh Shelar