cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy the 0PU_IS_PS_31 datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

I’m trying to create a datasource copy of the standard 0PU_IS_PS_31.

I know that this one was the FM FM_BW_ACTUAL_OI_LINE_ITEMS_IS and the ExtractStrutur. IFMBWACTOPIT_ISPS assign.

When I created the new one the following error message appears:

“TABLES-paramter E_T_DATA for extractor FM_BW_ACTUAL_OI_LINE_ITEMS_IS is missing”.

Looking to the FM I notice that the Parameter Name assign to the ExtractStruct. Is the E_T_IFMBWACTOPIT_ISPS.

Is any way to solve this or

Can I create the datasource in a different way?

Best regards;

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, 7.0.

I see your point of view. I try to do what you told me and give the result during the day.

Best regards.

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A S;

I already have this transfer rules assign to this datasource in BW.

But I don’t want those rules and I also don’t want to ruin that data model.

So I think in create a datasource copy of that (not adding or removing any field).

Regards;

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I get your dilemma.

If you are using an infosource then maybe you can map the infosource to your 'new' infoprovider and do the transformation you require in the update rule.

Or if the data is coming into ODS 0PU_O31 then you can have an update rule from 0PU_O31 to your 'new' infoprovider and do tha transformations there.

Either way you will not be changing anything in your current design.

Performance wise it might be helpful to bring the data into BW only once and not hit R.3 multiple times for the same data.

Are you using BW 3.5 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell us what circumstances necessitate making a copy of the datasource ? I am currently using this datasource and would like to know if I am missing something. Thanks.