cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In case of missing substitutions for a vacationing agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have been following 'Personal Substitutes' in the workflow we are working on. Whenever an approver goes on vacation he / she has to specify the identified substitute for him / her before going on leave. This is also true for the approvers leaving the firm or switching departments etc. Substituted agent would be responsible for approvals untill the corresponding Organizaion structure has been corrected.

However there is always a probability that the approver might forget to assign a substitute before going on vacation. Can anybody give any hints what could be done in such a case.

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to find the list of users who are on vacation or leaving the company. Once you find the List you have to find the SAP User Id from the Personnel number by reading Infotype PA0105. Once you get the SAP User Id you have to check table HRUS_D2 whether an entry is there for the corresponding SAP User Id.

If not you should use Function module RH_UPDATE_SUBST_LIST_SERVER to maintain the entries users who do not have entries.

<b>

Reward points if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

The solution you have gave works great. Thank you for your reply. However I still have one more query. When i create substitutes using this function module it works fine for the work items created after I create the substitute. (we are running program RSWUWFML2 to send all the new work items from SAP inbox to Outlook) However the hanging work item (which reached to the vacationing agent's mail box on a previous date than the current date) do not go to outlook even after I create the substitute with a previous date.

Does that mean we can not resend the work items (created on a previous date) reached to the vacationing agent's mail box to the substitute's outlook inbox ?

I would appreciate any hint on this.

thanks,

ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Just one thought, have you <i>unchecked</i> the check box for <i>New Items Only</i> while executing this report ?

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is a report RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE in your system. This report is made for maintaining substitutes, and after you have seen it you don't want to use any function modules anymore to assign substitutes.

The beginning date that you enter for a substitute should have nothing to do with RSWUWFML2. The active substitutes will get the emails, but not "afterwards". But unchecking the the check box for "new items only" might meet your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the issue of sending duplicate mails for the same workitems again if you uncheck the New Workitems only. Users might get irated. I will suggest you to write a program or do it manually to read table SWWUSERWI where you get workitems that are currently residing in the SAP Inbox of user and forward it accordingly.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I got the answers I was looking for. Thank you all for all these hints.

thanks,

ashok