cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adpater receiver oneway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using soap adapter, recevier. The SOAP action that I am using is oneway, it does not post response. Now when I run whole scenario, the message is going through webservices, however I get error messge on XI adpapter as follows.

<u><b>Now my question is how would I tell SOAP adapter not to expect response?</b></u>

Error: SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Success: SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

Success SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

Error :SOAP: error occured: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Error: MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Error Exception caught by adapter framework: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML.

Success The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Mon Oct 22 11:13:09 CDT 2007.

Success The message status set to WAIT.

Thank you,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should read my answer to the same question you had posted the other day

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bavesh,

I saw your response in other posting. So based on your commnets, I can't get away without response code 200. The SOAP receiver adapter needs to receive http status code 200.

In case of oneway webservices methods, how would I provide status code 200 to SOAP adpater?

Thank you,

Balaji

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No other option other than asking your Web service to a HTTP 200 with a empty SOAP envelope to XI.

But, one thing though, the Asynch message will hit the webservice and the SOAP adapter will error out with a timeout error. If that is not an issue, then the scenario will continue to work.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Now my question is how would I tell SOAP adapter not to expect response?

you would be having a async inbound message interface(not sync inbound message interface),this will only post the data and not expect and response.

also the webservice you r using will only post data and not give any response.

other than defining async inbound interface you don't need to do anythin special.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amir,

Than you for the response, I have already maked inbound message interface as async. I made sure the action is not returning any thing by testing from websercvices standard testing page. When I tested from browser I got followign response.

Response from the server

NO RESPONSE

Still I do get error. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

did u test your scenario via XMLspy or Altova? if yes,then what was the response u got,secondly please monitor the receiver SOAP adapter via TCPGateway and see if u can find the cause of error

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

also search SDN with the query "Invalid content type",you will find loadz of threads.

Thanx

Aamir